Best dry food after young again?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mirnta, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirnta

mirnta Member

Yes i know wet is best.....this is just for traveling and emergencies.....thank you!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Only other dry food that's less than 10% carbs (other than Young Again Zero) is Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein (available at Chewy.com or on their website)

The chicken is the lowest at about 5%...the salmon is about 9%

mirnta likes this.
  3. Ellys Mom

Ellys Mom New Member

(I'm very new to this) but after researching, I think the Tiki Cat Dry Chicken is 11% , (that is what is stated on a FAQ page). Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

mirnta likes this.
  4. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

We use prescription Royal Canin Weight Management which has 11.3% crude fiber (max), 8.0% fat (min), 33.0% protein & only 244 kilocalories ME/cup.
    I do feed wet, but my boy also eats some dry. I use it all the time in addition to the wet food. I've done quite a bit of research & the fat & calorie contents in wet or dry also need to be taken into consideration. Increased fat does effect weight & BG & obviously too many calories & not enough exercise also is an issue. I've looked at so many foods & when they dump off all the fiber, you see the fat content is high & also the calories are greater . Obviously, again, like with people, the TYPE of carb is important. Something that is more fiber/low glycemic index, vs high glycemic index actually help maintain BG. There have been some great scientific presentations/articles of late re: this subject. Balance. Hope that helps!

mirnta likes this.
  5. mirnta

mirnta Member

Thanks everyone!

6. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

I believe the Tiki Cat dry foods run between 11% and 14% calories from carbs depending on the flavor. We do use them very occasionally if we need to encourage eating or we know we have to be out longer than we might want to leave wet food down for. I wouldn't use them every day, but they're not the worst option out there for days when you have few options.

mirnta and Tomlin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.