Best wet food for diabetic cat

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mommy2cats, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mommy2cats

Mommy2cats New Member

Hi,

My cat does not like the science diet canned diabetic food. She says it tastes bad and it gives her explosive diarrhea. She has been on fancy feast for a couple of months now with her glucose hovering around 100-130 (she is OTJ). I am looking for a food that will help her stay in remission long-term that is completely healthy and that tastes good to her. Reccomendations?

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Many on here feed fancy feast classic. Another great food that is low carb and healthy is Tiki cat... My cat likes the after dark line of Tiki cat.

3. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

You can check Dr. Pierson's food chart, located in a sticky at the top of this page and compare.

Some Fancy Feast is higher in carbs, some lower. Depends on the type. Classics are pretty low - like 2-3%. We are working the Sheba at 3% right now and the cats go crazy over it. Can't say it's the best. YMMV. They like eating it, though.

4. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

When looking for a food for my cat, I go to the store and pick some possibilities, but I've learned that ultimately Radar is the boss. If he will eat "it" with consistency then I follow his lead and do my human shopping duties with joy. :joyful: :cat:

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Weruva Chicken Frick A Zee works for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.