Better a shot Early or late?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Darwin H., Mar 21, 2019.

1. Darwin H.

Darwin H. Member

Looking for the lessor of two evils. Giving a shot 1-2 hours early or 1-3 hours late? Those in the know please respond what would be the bettor option? I know early or late will affect dosage, Barring that what is the most correct answer? I live alone decisions have to be made sometimes that are not perfect. Thanks

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

An early shot can act like an increase and it sounds like you won’t be around to monitor. A late shot can act like a decrease. Either way getting back on track requires changing the shot time by 30 minutes every 24 hours or 15 minutes each cycle. You don’t seem able to get many tests in which makes it difficult to give an opinion. The best way to go would likely depend on the previous cycles. Sorry. I guess I’m not much help.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You have been missing reductions and not getting weekly curves or other mid cycle test data. 1.5 units should be his dose, and might even be too high a dose. I would shoot late, it’s the safer option. Shooting later does not impact the dose you give, it impacts the time of the following shot, which then also has to be later. As described above,work your way back in time.

4. Darwin H.

Darwin H. Member

Thanks Wendy, I do need to do another curve and find time to do mid shot checks....