BG 57

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by RRaptor, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

Olivia isn't showing any signs of hypo, I just checked her at +6 and 57 is the reading. She hopped down and walked away right after and seems fine. Should I worry? Test again? Feed some food?

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

What kind of insulin are you using? I would feed some regular food and test again in maybe 20 mins.

SpotsMom likes this.
  3. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

Thanks. I'm using Prozinc insulin

4. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

If you're using an AlphaTrak, that is a little bit low, so you could try steering with food, and recheck again in 15 minutes.
    Took the words right out of my mind :cat:

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

If it's a human meter it's a normal number. If you are concerned give a little of his regular food. If it's an Alphatrak give some medium carb food or a spoonful of gravy from gravy lovers

6. FurBabiesMama

Okay, then you are probably around the lowest point in the cycle so you are probably going to be just fine. Go ahead with the regular food and test again in a few. Let us know!

7. FurBabiesMama

Spreadsheet says AlphaTrak.

8. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

Alright, feeding some friskies and will recheck.

9. JanetNJ

Yes but wanted to check in case she used the wrong template. She has no info in the signature

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  10. FurBabiesMama

When you get a chance, please add more info to your signature that includes the type of insulin being used and the fact that you are using an AlphaTrak. It will keep you from having to tell us that every time you post. :)

11. RRaptor

RRaptor Member

I appreciate your quick responses. Rechecked with the AlphaTrak and it's up to 83. I'll update my signature. Should I include other information on my spreadsheet? Just joined the forum and started hometesting and things after a DKA two weeks ago.

12. JanetNJ

Add info such as your pets name , date diagnosed, insulin type, food you're feeding, meter, and any other health concerns and medications

13. FurBabiesMama

You're doing a great job of testing. The spreadsheet does not have to include anything else, just test results, doses given and any notes you want to keep track of. The signature can include any basic info that you think would be helpful for people to know when you post for help.

14. FurBabiesMama

By the way, going this low indicates that a dose reduction is needed. So, if you have a pre-shot test result that is in the mid-200s or higher this evening, you should probably go to 1.75 units. If you have a low pre-shot number, feel free to post and ask for help in determining what dose to give. It is usually best to post dosing questions on the ProZinc forum: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/prozinc-pzi.24/

RRaptor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.