? BG 71?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by MunchieMA, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MunchieMA

MunchieMA Member

my cat was 503 this morning just checked at +8 and he's 71 please help me I don't know what I'm doing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...WWuDzUy96DxoR6j8ipIbgz1NfI/edit#gid=361360320

(From earlier post...) Hi everyone, I posted this in the prozinc forum but I'm going to throw it out here as well. My 10-year-old cat, Munchie, was diagnosed in November. He began on 1 unit of prozinc and his numbers eventually steadied in the 200 range for the first few weeks before a recheck, then the vet upped him to 2 units. His numbers spiked to the 600's and I was advised that I shouldn't jump a full unit at once, so I moved to 1.5. we seemed pretty steady for a little bit then we started spiking again. He has been peeing all over the floor in front of his liter box, and doesn't always seem to want to eat. He eats an entire can of fancy feast classic twice a day at 6:30 am and again at 6:30 pm when he gets his insulin, and I give him about 3 1/2 can servings throughout the day/night as he requests it... but he usually eats only 1/2 of those servings. He has been drinking water regularly, not as much as before but still a good amount... and he has been going to the bathroom regularly (urine on floor is the only thing unusual)...

I'm looking for help in figuring out what's wrong with him and what I can do better to help him. He's not eating dry food, but I keep catching him eating our dog's kibble (meant for large, adult breeds). Right now he's off of dry food except for the stolen kibble from our dog. I just made a spreadsheet today and I'm not positive I did it right, and I know I was fairly bad about recording readings but sometimes they disappear by the time I wrote them down and I couldn't remember exact numbers (between my family, pets and work... life is busy!) My vet never asked me to do home readings and certainly never suggesting recording but I learned some things through this site, now that I am trying my hand at the spreadsheet I will be more proactive about always writing down readings.

Any help, advice or even words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm losing the battle :(

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

OK, let's start:
    • I can't see your spreadsheet. You have to click on the "share" button to allow us to see it. You need to click on "anyone with the link can view".
    • Are you still giving 1.5 u of ProZinc AM and PM? At 12 hour intervals?
    • I'd do whatever it takes to remove all opportunities for Munchie to get dog kibble. Fancy Feast Classics or Friskies pates are good for Munchie.
    • It seems that you're testing his BG at home - excellent! Best thing you can do to get him on track. :)
    • If you can find and enter any/all BG data you have into your SS and make it viewable by fellow members, we can get started moving you and Munchie forward.
    There's a lot to learn about FD and it can be very discouraging when you don't have help. That's what we're here for. you can do this! :bighug:

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

@Kris & Teasel
    Same post currently in Feline under 911, seems to be getting answers there.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.