BG all over the place

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Pia, Jan 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pia

Pia Member

We picked up Blue as a diabetic from the Humane Society and switched him from ProZinc to Lantus since both cats needed to be on the same insulin before we left them with our bedraggled but well paid pet sitter (love ya, Linda!).He looked like he was going to go into remission before the switch. Now it's taken months to get to a steady 1.25u morning and night, but Blue is still getting funky +3s. The SigOther was giving him two carb treats sometimes in the evening without me knowing but that has ceased. Do I go up to 1.5u? Any ideas?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-mfsz-xc6qutVuOskPvQiYWPAxpmZ0H-W95jyhT-N0s/edit?usp=sharing

2. Pia

Pia Member

I must have given a fur shot today on Curve Day - there's no other explanation.

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I suggest you post for help on the Lantus forum. Lots of expertise there. Among the first things I know they'll mention is to avoid changing the dose frequently in response to pre shot BG. They'll also suggest you read up on the two main dosing methods, SLGS and TR, that a clearly outlined in the yellow info stickies on that forum.

4. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

Really? What would prompt that?

5. Pia

Pia Member

It wasn't pretty.

6. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

I can only imagine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.