BG curve has been flat even I increased the unit

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hanahana, Mar 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanahana

Hanahana New Member

Hello, I'm new here and please excuse my poor English.

My cat is diagnosed diabetes end of January 2019. He's been on Budesonide due to IBD for over 4 years.
    The vet said some cat gets diabetic on Budesonide long term use and that's my cat case.

Anyway, I started giving him prozinc 2U x 2 since then and first 2month looks okay, not great but at least I saw some 200's nadir number dropping from 300s. But 3weeks ago, when I made a BG curve I found his curve was totally flat around 300's.

I talked to a vet and she told me dosage up from 2u to 3u. But according to this message board, I chose to up from 2u to 2.25 for 3days and got still flat and then 2.5u and still curve is flat... looks like prozinc is effectless and I got a new prozinc bottle 2 days ago and that night the number's jumped up 400's.

I called the vet again for advice and then she said give him 3u. Last night and this morning I gave him 3u and
    the curve today so far is totally FLAT again. I don't know what to do. My cat's insulin resistance might be connecting Budesonide? I don't know.

I'm attaching my cat's spreadsheet. I've been hometesting for these 2 month and keep all BG numbers on a notebook until I found a better one. So attaching spreadsheet here is only those 2 weeks' record. I will add later for old records.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...UEm2ev2381m7cvRTOWKB0mdBU/edit#gid=1182885903

I desperately need a help from all experienced diabetic cat owner! Thank you in advance!!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet!

I think you just haven't reached a good dose for him yet. Some cats just need more than others so don't let that worry you!

I'd continue with the 3U for a few more cycles and then see where he is.

It may also help for you to post in the ProZinc forum so you get help from experienced users.

Jasper Blue and Jay likes this.
  3. Hanahana

Hanahana New Member

Hi Chris!
    Thank you for your comment.
    I'm sooo glad to hear from you back.

I will post in the Prozinc forum later.
    I appreciated your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.