BG dropping ahead of schedule

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by membeth, Dec 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. membeth

membeth Member

We're not in or even near hypo yet, but Pants's blood sugar is dropping WAY ahead of schedule. At what point do you intervene if things seem to be heading too low too early?

Based on my limited data so far ten days into using ProZinc, she's been peaking at +6/+7, but we're at 135 at +4 on a .2 dose.

Here are her numbers:

PMPS: 378
    +1: 283
    +2: 226
    +3: 180
    +4: 135

She's got a history of scary, fast hypos early in the cycle on Lantus, so this is making me nervous.

I'm doing weird dosing per the vet due to the history of hypos -- she's night shots only, and my shoot/don't shoot threshold is 300.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

She's dropping quickly but still in a very safe number

I'd just give her a snack of low carb food and test again at +5

3. membeth

membeth Member

OK. She's got food, but she just barfed, so I don't know if she's going to be interested in eating.

4. membeth

membeth Member

Her +5 is 103

So still dropping, but the rate at which it's dropping is somewhat slower than earlier tonight. Not interested in eating, though. She did eat a full meal earlier, and kept most of it down. The barf was tiny.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Give her tummy a rest for 15 minutes or so and then give her a teaspoon or two.....wait to make sure it stays down....if it does for 15 minutes, you can give a little more

6. membeth

membeth Member

She ate a couple of bites and has kept it down. She's 112 at +5.5, so I hope she's bottoming out.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  7. Chris & China (GA)

That's good.....and yeah, it's nice that she's surfing too!!

Hang 10 Pants!!
    yellow tabby surf (Mobile).jpg

8. membeth

membeth Member

Ha!

She's 109 at +6. So I think this is actually fine, just faster than it has been.

9. Chris & China (GA)

I'd probably try to get at least one more test tonight at +7 and make sure she's going up or staying pretty level.

Welcome to the wonderful world of sleep deprivation!! (AKA feline diabetes)

I will be going off now, but if you run into trouble, edit your subject line to make sure someone see's you need help quickly.

I think she'll be fine though....Nice cycle!!

10. membeth

membeth Member

Thanks so much. She's 114 at almost +7. So she's OK, I'm exhausted, and I'm taking a shower, checking one more time, and going to bed.

11. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Mine's at 118 at +8.5 so I know the feeling. Take care of yourself!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.