BG numbers

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ajanosec, Dec 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajanosec

Ajanosec New Member

So I have had bones inside and made sure he didnt eat anything but his wet food and his reading last night was 384 1 hr after dinner then 1 hr after breakfast it was 327 is it normal to fluctuate that much with out insulin?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Those numbers aren't very different. Meter readings can vary by up to 20% even with the same blood drop. That said, those are fairly high BGs and indicate that he'll very likely need insulin.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  3. Ajanosec

Ajanosec New Member

I'm going today to pick up the insulin just not sure if I should wait a few days and see if it keeps dropping. Before starting him on it. Hes only been on just wet food for about 4 days?

4. Kris & Teasel

If it's low carb wet food and nothing else, 4 days should be enough time for it to have whatever impact on BG level it's going to have. What insulin will you be using?

5. Ajanosec

Ajanosec New Member

Vetsilun is the one they prescribed. And the diet has only been 24 hr of 100% he wasn't eating anything else. I found he had been eating something in the yard so the last 23 has been strictly wet food.

6. Kris & Teasel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.