? BG test at 60 after meal, before insulin. I do not give his nightly shot, correct?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lou the stinker poo's mom, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lou the stinker poo's mom

Lou the stinker poo's mom New Member

I have only given Louie a few tests so far, as I do not have a routine down yet. I just tested him about 1/2 hour after his meal and right before testing and it was at 60mg/dl. I would not give his nightly shot, right? The other times I have tested him have given the following results:
    (all before evening shot and after meal)
    5/7: 256
    5/10: 179

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

3. Lou the stinker poo's mom

Lou the stinker poo's mom New Member

Thanks BJM! I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing by skipping:)

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Read that primer above thoroughly, so you can get the best use out of the N insulin.

5. jane and stewey

jane and stewey Member

You should be testing prior to the meal for a more acurate sugar reading. Let him feed and then administer insulin. My vet saiys that his sugar will rise from the feeding and the insulin should work just fine. Withholding the insulin can cause the sugar to rebound...I believe this forum refers to that with the term bounce. Use caution and observe your cat well for systems of low bloodsugar before taking action. Godd luck from jane and stewey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.