BG's coming down

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tracy, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracy

Tracy New Member

Okay, we did another glucose curve this weekend and Quincy has been on 1 IU BId for a week now. His AMPS was 13.3 which is a nice decrease from last week's AMPS :razz: . His 6 hour post shot was 4.6 and his 8 hour post shot was 8.7. The six hour reading is much better than last week as he was only 2.4 and the 8 hour is better as well. So I am hoping that the vet will leave his insulin at 1 unit and it will be a continue as is kind of phone call. Quincy is doing really well on the insulin and loves Wellness and Evo canned food. I guess we are pretty lucky as he is adjusting to this new phase of his life well.

Our hope is that he will continue to drop on the AMPS and go into a remission in a few weeks time but if not, he is happy, healthy and completely managable so I am very grateful.

2. Charliemeow

Charliemeow Well-Known Member

It's wonderful to hear of kitties and beans adjusting easily to diabetes. It can be overwhelming for many people, so when I hear of people really taking it in stride and making the best of it, it warms my heart! Lots of good wishes for continued improvement! Scritches to Quincy cat_pet_icon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.