Bibos' not needing shots!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Taline & Bibo, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

Good Morning,
    It's been 72 hours, since the last shot, and M. Bibo is doing fine on his own. I'm so amazed and so thrilled that I stopped the Glipizide and got on this board. This is the right thing to do for a diabetic cat, and once things calm down at my mon's end, I will be helping newbies encouraging to do the same as I did. Why don't vets encourage this? They can save lives and also reduce suffering and agony.
    I wanna thank eveyone who supported me during this exactly one month today, especailly, many thanks to Chriscleo, Joanna, Robin,Jen, Sue, Tucker's mom. You all are true advocates for our furry babies. Love you all, and I'll be checking Bibo everyday, and be around to encourage the newbies. Cheers.

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Wonderful news, you have a very lucky kitty. I hope your mom feels better soon.

3. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! You did a great job. I hope everything goes well for your mom.

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT What fantastic news! Of course, the only reason it worked is that you were a wonderful advocate for Bibo and willing to listen to some crazy cat people on the internet. You will be able to pay it forward. A positive newbie experience like yours is exactly what new scared and overwhelmed posters need to hear.

Best wishes for your Mom. Hope you get some positive news today.

5. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

very glad for you and bibo, taline. wonderful news!
    some people here like to wait for 14 days without insulin to decide officially that the cat is now in diabetic remission (or "diet-controlled," as some say). so bibo is well on his way. :)

i wish more vets came here. for every vet who'd come here looking for help treating a diabetic kitty we'd probably have hundreds more success stories. but many vet practices are so busy they don't have the time to do this or to specialize in everything. i know without fdmb cleo would not still be alive today. all of us who found this place were very lucky, and it's a pleasure to pay it forward.

keeping the prayers up that your mom recovers fully. (((Hugs)))

6. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Way to go Bibo!!! That is terrific news Taline! Hope you get good news on your mom today as well. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Mel & Muse (GA)

7. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

That is so wonderful, and to your credit that you were able to make the changes and learn to test so you could get Bibo on track! It is tough to make those choices vs. doing what many vets are telling people, but once you see great results like this it makes it clear that it is really worth the effort.

Hope your mom continues to improve! (((((hugs)))))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.