Bibo's skipped shot.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Taline & Bibo, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

Good Morning my friends,
    I just wanted to update you with Bibo's numbers. Last night, his bg was 97, so I didn't give him any shots, and I was so tired to stay up and check at midnight, but this morning after +24, his bg was 176, so I'll be giving him the tiniest dose, perhaps a fat zero, so I can get a shootable number in the evening. Again, I'll be gone all day, but my husband will check on him. I can't believe that in one week, we have a semi stable Bibo here. (At least I think so), and thank you for all your support.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Fantastic! What a wonderful job you are doing. :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

3. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Great job!! Way to go, Bibo!!! keep up the good work, Mr. P! (pancreas)

4. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Taline, I am so happy to see that things are going well for you and DH and Bibo! Keep up the good work! :D

5. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

woo hoo! seems like a very good choice, taline. :)

6. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

Again, I just came home after a very difficult and sad day from the hospital. They think my mom has either auto immune hepatitis or an Acute liver failure perhaps needing a transplant. I'm devastated, but I have to be strong for her mainly, and for my Bibo. I just checked my baby's bg at +13 and it's 97. I was hoping for a shootable number after these many hours, because gave him such tiny dose this morning. I don't know what to do, since I'm exhausted and I don't have the energy to run after Bibo for other tests later.
    Chris, if you happened to read my post, please advise me of what to do. Thank you guys for reading Bibo's post.

7. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Taline, I was so happy for you until I read about your mom....I'm so sorry and I hope that there is some way to successfully treat her.

As for that shot, if you are exhausted then go to bed and skip the shot. At this point I really don't think it is going to hurt, and it is better than worrying about a hypo occurring. See what the numbers are tomorrow ok?

Jen

8. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

Thank you Jen. I skipped last night too, because it was again 97(funny). But in the morning it was 176. As much as I want to be on some type of schedule, it's not happening. I went to the lowest dose this morning to get a shootable # now, but still off. Anyway, I'm not gonna worry about this too much, at least he's not in bad shape.

9. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

not a bad problem to have at all, taline. :) next time for peace of mind you could feed slightly higher carb fancy feast. the roasted versions are 8% and 10% carb (roasted beef, roasted chicken, roasted turkey). tender beef & chicken feast is 6%.

but personally if i saw preshots like that and the glucose reading going lower even after a skipped shot i might just get a timed feeder to give a little wet food every 2-3 hrs and try no insulin or only a drop of insulin any time he started approaching 150.

hoping the news is better next regarding your mom and she's out of the woods. very sorry you're going through this. (((Taline)))

10. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

((((Taline))))
    I'm so sorry to hear the news about your mom. I hope she can get treatment to help her get better soon!

It looks to me like Bibo is doing really well, I would take it as good news that he is too low to get his shot some of the time. It looks like his pancreas is healing, yippee! Keep up the good work, you're doing a great job with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.