Binks bg +8 512, +8.25 533 +10 408

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mybuddybinks, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

sorry...newbie panicked at being over 500

celi and binks

2. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Re: Binks bg +8 512, +8.25 533

ok...looked up >500 on posts, and saw some, so i apologize. will keep testing and checking forum for advice.

newbie celi who probably panicked unecessarily

3. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Yes, Celi, >500 does happen, but it is distressing. I am glad to see that you have increased the dose. You may have a way to go before you find Bink's perfect dose.

Best to you and the painted one.

4. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Re: Binks bg +8 512, +8.25 533

Look at Donovan's spreadsheet sea-of-black-and-red when he was on Vetsulin for ~5 months. A few "HI" readings thrown in there for shock value too. Yeah, I still kick myself for trying so long to make that damn insulin work. Thankfully he didn't develop any ketones, and he was still able to heal once I switched to Levemir. I thought the damage might already be too severe, but.... he did it :mrgreen:

You can do it, Binks. A little more juice and some lower BGs, and you'll be feeling groovy again.

Donovan says "Hey" to a fellow mutant. He's half Scottish Fold.

5. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

Hi Celi,
    It seems that Binks needs a little more insulin. Perhaps a 1.5u, but I wish you were giving him Lantus or Levemir or PZI, they are long lasting insulins. I don't know about Vetsulin, but many experienced folks here will give you better advice on that. You're doing so great testing him so often, and posting it on the ss. You can always start a new topic with the subject line "Any advice on Vetsulin" per example, so members will see that and write to you about your type of insulin. It could be that either Binks needs higher dosage, or the insulin is not a very effective one for cats. good Luck, and best of health to Binks.

Taline

6. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I believe Binks is on Lantus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.