Biscuit the most handsomest boi!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Happyness, Aug 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happyness

Happyness New Member

Biscuit is 18 and newly diagnosed about a month ago. His glucose is not at all well managed. It swings from the 500s to the 50s in 24 hours. He takes a single unit of prozinc twice daily. He has constipation and this contributes to his general discomfort. I wish I could help him but I'm not sure how much more I wish to put him through. He is very nervous and does not do well with visits to the vet. He is always sicker afterward than before. Despite it all he remains my bestest, most handsomest boi! I just love my Biscuit boi and am so grateful for every day I get with him! 20181022_222858.jpg

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to you and Biscuit, he is a very handsome boi! We will do everything we can to help you get a handle on the blood sugar and hopefully get him more balanced, and work on some suggestions for helping the bowel issues too.

First, please tell us more about Biscuit. Would you create a signature that will be available whenever you post?
    Setting up your signature (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the country/time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.

Are you testing his blood sugar at home? If you aren't this would be a good way to learn just how the insulin is working, real time. Then you can see when it takes effect, when the lowest level is and when it begins to rise again. Testing data is used to indicate if a dose is right, too high or too low. If you are testing at home you can set up the spreadsheet we use here, plug in some data and the more experienced members can review and make some suggestions.

Diet is also a very important factor in effective diabetic treatment, so please tell us what he eats, when and how much. You can post in the Main Health forum HERE with answers to my questions, so that more members can see and respond. This forum is just the welcome mat and I like to get more members viewing so we have lots of good information for you, plus links to whatever you need most to start out with.

You can copy your post here, create a new thread there and paste, then add the answers to my questions. There is a wealth of information here and a very supportive community all dealing with our darling sugar cats.

3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome.
    Come over to the Health Forum and post your concerns there where a lot of experienced people will see them and help. The big swings are a big concern, especially the "50."

A number of us have dealt with constipation as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.