black spots on ears.. ?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sara and Buttercup, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara and Buttercup

Sara and Buttercup Member

my diabetic cat has been on transdermal tapapzole applied to the ears for a few months now for hypert. i've noticed that her ears have small black spots on the outside and look kind of rough (crinkly) around the edges. have you eever hear of cats getting cancer from using tapazple on the ears or having other ear problems from it. can black spots on the outside of the ears mean cancer? i have an older cat who has black sposts on her ears that have been diagnosed as age spots but my diabetic cats ears have gotten the spots and the crinklyness since using the tapazole.
    thank you.

2. Jean and Megan

Jean and Megan Member

I have no idea if this is the same at all, but somebody else was asking about black spots on ears recently, and it turned out to be a crust that the vet could just flake off. In that case, nothing to worry about.

3. SherylandClouseau

SherylandClouseau Member

dermatitis most likely

It can be a side effect of the transdermal tap. BUT, I would also make sure you are cleaning the ears regularly- and do are not accidentally getting some of the gel onto the edge or outer ear.

4. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

I also thought of cleaning the goo off her ears. There may just be dirt in the transdermal carrier. I used rubbing alcohol once a week to clean Maggie's ears. And remember, if there is too much goo on her ears, the medicine isn't getting properly absorbed.

I hope this is all it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.