Bloody stools

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by thepeach80, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepeach80

thepeach80 Member

What could that be? I went to scoop the litter box last night and there was a loose, bloody stool in there. He's going to the vet later today and he hasn't gone again, but I was hoping to know what to expect a little at least before our appt. We made it later to see if he'd go again before we went.

2. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Let us know what the vet finds. Could have been a little constipated and ruptured a blood vessel on the way out...I really hope it is nothing but I would get it checked out too.

3. thepeach80

thepeach80 Member

They did a stool sample and didn't find much except she said it was really nasty looking, lol, so we have some meds to try and help fix things and if this doesn't help we'll have to do something more invasive to see if there's something worse going on. He's acting o.k., not urinating as much though I don't think, but no more nasty poo in the box though so we'll just watch him. He has lost a little weight since his last appt though, which I'm assuming is from going to all wet food. He's just over 15# now. :D

4. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Just being on all wet food cat sometimes cause a little loose bloody stools when something does not agree with them did they put your baby on any type of antibiotic like flagyl?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.