Blue 7/6 AMPS 181

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Alexia and Blue, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

AMPS 181- .4u/1u
    +4 121

I am glad to see that he is starting to stay in the blues, but he was in yellow 2 days ago so maybe I should knock on wood. 181 is a good number for not getting a PM shot the night before I think. Tuesday I have to close again, but I am going to try a little experiment. I have been feeding him 7% consistently to slow the drops that he had been having and that seems to be working, and I gave him 7% last night. Tuesday when I can't do a PM shot again, I want to feed him something between 3%-5% and see if that helps lower his numbers since he won't have insulin. Any thoughts? What % do you think I should go with? Even though 181 is a great number, I just want to see if I had given him a lower carb amount if that would have helped him stay lower.

Other than that the only time I REALLY notice his neuropathy is in the bed. He has a harder time get the balance he needs to stand up, it could be the mattress and he has always been like a sloth but it seems that he has more trouble with it now than he did before. And sometimes he sits funny when he eats. But we are doing B12 and he doesn't slid on the floor anymore.

2. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Where did you find the B12? I looked at our Walmart, but didn't see the right kind. I'm not usually in a real drug store, but have seen it online.

3. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw you got a 141 at +17, that is really awesome. Makes sense to me to feed the lower carb as much as you can get away with and see if that helps his #s even more.

Thanks for the B12 Q&A too Donna & Alexia, I had the exact same question. I have been looking for it for Bix but can't find the right kind even at the health food store.

Must be psychic day.... or maybe "great minds" :lol:

5. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

I just got a 105 PMPS!!! So we are NOT shooting a number that low. I feed him 3% to hopefully keep him that low without insulin! Maybe this is a good sign?

Also with the B12 I showed you, the capsules pull open EXTREMELY easy and you can just pour the powder into the food and mix it in. And all the ingredients don't have anything else added to it, just what you need.

6. Joanna & Bix (GA)

That's super-awesome!!!! I'd consider dropping the dose a hair too on the next shot. Not sure if that is needed or not - sometimes when they get a lower PS like that it's a sign the dose was too high, though I'm not sure if that's the case or not here. If it were me, I would probably drop to 0.2 or 0.3 and see how it goes - if you head back into yellows then I'd go back to the 0.4u right away. I don't think shooting 0.4 though is a problem either, just sharing options. :) Of course the lower PS could be a REALLY good sign ;-) but probably too soon to say for sure.

p.s. just did my bit for the economy :mrgreen: I went with the sublingual ones though since Nancy already told me all about those so I had that stuck in my head... probably doesn't matter anyhow, hopefully they are all good!!!

7. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

8. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

I followed that link for the methocobalamin, and also found the bottle that I have been using, which I found at a health food store. http://www.vitacost.com/Natural-Factors ... npid=34097

It is a smaller dose 1000mcg = 1mg (around $8-9) I seem to remember that the suggested (max?) dose was 3mg/day, but I have never come close to that,( because Cody doesn't have a bad problem). The sublingual tablets are soft/chalky and break very easily into halves or quarters.

Also very interesting, (that I didn't know or forgot,) is that the ones I bought contain lactose, which is "milk sugar"! AHHHH! The ones Alexia bought contain rice flour, which isn't great either, but i would think better, and maybe/probably it's in the capsule shell.

Do you give him the whole 5mg?, and how did you decide how much to give? I do think it is a water soluable vitamin, therefore pretty safe...

I looked at the grocery store today and all they had was cyanocobalamin B12- which is not the same thing.

9. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

Hillary and Maui gave me my first batch and then the link to buy more. Hillary has been a life savior to me in all this so when she gave me what she had left over from giving to her cat, I trusted it. I pull the capsules apart-extremely easy-and pour the powder into his breakfast. I add a can of water to his food and it works just fine. The powder is pink so it does turn the food a little pinkish but Blue hasn't NOT eaten his food because of that. I just mix it evenly in, so if he doesn't eat all his food-which there is always some left over- he isn't eating all 5mg. Rice flour is what you want over the sugar. The cyanocobalamin B12 does nothing for cats, they need the real stuff. I hope that that helps!

10. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Awesome!!! I'm thinking it's a +14 thought, right? +2 means 2 hours after the last shot, so that would be if you got a shootable # at some point & went ahead with the shot.

Here's the one I ordered, hmmmm:

http://www.vitacost.com/Natural-Factors ... dientFacts

Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) 1000 mcg
    Other Ingredients: Lactose, cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium strearate (vetgetable grade). Contains milk.

Guess I should go see if I can change it now! I didn't know that's what lactose is, though I guess that "ose" is the sneaky sugar clue? It's probably only teensy bit, but still.....

11. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Cyanocobalamin or non-methyl B12 is used in cats that have B12 deficiencies [and it is thought to perhaps help with pancreatitis what but is kind of voodoo territory AFAIK]. Methyl B12 is used for neuropathy in kitties. So cyanocobalamin B12 actually does something for cats, but probably not what you are after. :smile:

Hope I'm not just being the guy who pops in and starts nay sayin' everyone. :? lol

12. Alexia and Blue

Alexia and Blue Member

Gator- Thanks! You aren't nah sayin'! In the confusion of knowing that the cyanocobalamin B12 does nothing for neuropathy I must have assumed it doesn't help with cats at all! Totally my mistake!

Joanna- Yes, I meant a +14! I wrote it on the spreadsheet in the +2 spot so that is how I wrote it. We got a 163 just now so I gave him a skinny .4/1u.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.