Blue Angel Hospitalized

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sunshine and BA, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine and BA

Sunshine and BA Member

Blue Angel is in the hospital. Took her to vet yesterday. She has been wobbly/clmbsy but didn't seem typical neuropathy. Vet concerned a brain lesion or turmor. Repeated labs and came back with acute renal failure. She had labs first week of Feb with creeping up Creatinine and BUN but still in normal range. Now all is elevated. Vet called me at work. I left work and took her to hospital. She is getting IV fluids, kidney function retested in 24 hours then again in 48 hours to evaluate her response to IV treatment. BG has increased last few days. I spent some time with her this evening. She presents faily well except the horrible "off balance." Alert and interactive with me....it's so hard to leave them at the vets, even when they seemed to be very well taken care of!!!

Sunshine, feeling cloudy today!
    and Blue Angel

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I's so sorry to hear this. Lots of healing thoughts, snowflakes and vines to help BA recover quickly.

3. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

So sorry your baby is not feeling well... I hope she will respond well to the fluids and will be feeling better soon!

Sending lots of healing vines and snowflakes your way...

(((Sunshine and BA)))

4. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Sunshine,

So sorry to hear that Blue Angel is sick. Hope she responds well to the fluids and you can take her home soon. I know, It is so hard to leave them. Thinking of you both.

jan and sara

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear your baby is not feeling well and that you had to leave her at the hospital. I know how hard that is.
    Sending snowflakes, healing white light, and feel better and get out of the hospital soon vines to Blue Angel.

6. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

I know how hard it is to leave them at the vet and I work for my vet but still do not want to leave mine there and I trust my vets completely I always just hate leaving them. I sure hope your baby turns around for you very soon sending you HUGS for support from Lisa and Do Lou :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

7. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts for you guys today. It is so hard to leave our furbabies ...

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines to Blue Angel and lots of HUGS to you as you wait for her to come home...
    So hard to be away from them, especially when they are sick. But, she is in the right place to get the help she needs....
    Keep us posted if/when you can.... :YMHUG:

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

We sure hope that Blue Angel will be feeling well again soon so that she can come home. Healing vines are coming your way, Blue Angel! Get better as quickly as you can!

Ella & Stu

10. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((((((Blue Angel))))))))))))))))))))
    Sending snowflakes and vines to her.

11. Sunshine and BA

Sunshine and BA Member

Re: Blue Angel Hospitalized, update

Thanks everyone!!!! I'm not sure what the code for snowflakes are, but they sure sound supportive.

Just called a few minutes ago, Blue Angel's BG was 130 this morning as opposed to the 250+ last few days. so she is at least responding to hydration. Won't know if the kidneys are reponding until first labs later today. She is at an excellent vet speciality center which is a major plus for both of us..........but it is STILL sooooo hard to leave her. I was lying on the floor by her cage last night, with her two little paws propped up on my hand under her chin. I needed to leave because they had emergencies coming in and I had to be out of the treatment area. It was so hard to move my hand and watch her big eyes as I left. I wish I could become invisible and craw in her cage and stay with her!!!!!

Keep you paws cross and tails swishing that Blue Angel responds to the fluids.........her brother/littermate slept in her bed last night. So hard on the sibs too!!!! nailbite_smile nailbite_smile nailbite_smile nailbite_smile

I'll be going for a visit in a few minutes.

Sunshine and Blue Angel.

12. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Healing Prayers are being sent to you & BA--So sorry to hear this, but Hope the report will be better--Moonie is also having neuropathy issues, but has since we came here--she has a bad knee too--She limping very badly.
    Snowflakes sent to sweet Angel--I feel your pain too!

13. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

I'll be thinking of you both today - hope the blood work shows BA is responding well to the fluids. I know how hard it is to leave them! Logan was in the ICU at a specialty vet hospital for six nights not too long ago and it was heart breaking to leave him in that little cage. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated.

14. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this news. I hope BA is better soon and gets to come home. Sending you prayers and healing energies.

15. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending lots of healing vines and a blizzard of snowflake that
    Blue Angel responds very well to beng at the vet and that she will be home
    with you soon.
    Good BG number.

16. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

(((Sunshine & BA))) Sunshine, so sorry to hear this. I know she'll be happy for your visit. Maybe she can come home soon.

17. Sunshine and BA

Sunshine and BA Member

Visited with BA in a consultation room vs. her cage. She was overstimulated, but didn't seem neurologically ok. She'll have labs later around 6 to see how her kidneys are responding. My hunch is there will be some improvement since her BG has improved with hydration. I'm really scared about her neuro status! Hi phosphorous can make them really wobby and off balance, but at this visit, I wondered if she was a little cognitively off too....seemed loopy! Such an unsettling time!!!!

Thanks for all the supportive thoughts! Much appreciated.

Sunshine with some clouds and rain.
    Blue Angel

18. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

Oh, this must be so scary for you...I'm so sorry you are having to go through this with your girl. I hope that the fluids will work, and that whatever is making her seem loopy will ease out of her system and she'll be back to her old self soon!

Sending tons of vines and snowflakes to you both...I don't know the origin of the snowflakes, either! I just know they are very powerful things and hold alot of positive healing energy for your sweet girl.

(((Sunshine and Blue Angel)))

19. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

((Blue Angel)) ((Sunshine))
    hoping she's just discombobulated from all the stimulation. I'll keep fingers crossed that her kidneys are responding to the treatment!!

20. Sunshine and BA

Sunshine and BA Member

Just got an update, BA is not doing well. I'm concerned the neurological problem is worse! Couldn't get herself out of the litter box. You can subq a kitty who can't manage the litter box. This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad.

Sunshine and Bkue Angel.

Lorraine.

21. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Lorraine! It's just terrible to see them when they are sick. I was hoping you would have good news tonight. I pray she hangs on tonight and feels better tomorrow.

22. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm praying for Blue Angel to get better. Sending more snowflakes to her, now.

23. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Awwww DANG IT, lorraine!!!!! :cry: I am so sad to hear this. It sounds like you trust the vets and they are doing things you agree with. This is good! Have you had a chance to post on Helen's list and get some feedback? How is potassium? Im wondering if thats contributing to wobbliness, and some of the neuro issues?

Crap! Big Hugs to you and BA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for keeping us upated. Snowflakes and healing vines headed BA's way!

24. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Praying so so hard that BA will turn around!! Hang in there!!

25. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Hoping she responds well to the treatment and come home soon.

(The snowflakes are meant to blanket you and you baby with comfort and healing thoughts and prayers.)

26. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Sending more snowflakes and vines that BA will be ok. It's hard when things change so suddenly, but positive changes can also be sudden so I'm hoping the next phone call you get will be a better one. Come on Blue Angel, fight!

27. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope everything goes Ok for Blue Angel. It's tough when they get sick all of a sudden. I hope she will recover as quickly, respond to treatment and be able to come home soon. It's so tough to have to leave them at the hospital. Mannie and I are sending many healing vines, and even more snowflakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.