Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann and Murphy and Tom

Ann and Murphy and Tom Member

Hi! Can anyone tell me how to make bone broth? Do I need a pressure cooker? Thanks.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Hi. I just did a search and found this: Make Your Pet a Healthy Broth If you scroll down about half way (where the word 'ingredients' is in bold), there is a recipe. It says you can use a 'large pot or crock pot'.

3. FurBabiesMama

4. Lillie

Lillie Member

I'm making duck bone broth today for Leo. I tried making bone broth for myself but the odor and taste after 12 hours of simmering was enough to make me gag. I've heard though that cats and dogs really love it.

5. FurBabiesMama

I made bone broth for the first time last weekend. Mia loves it! My other girl, Willow, has no interest, but Mia loves it enough that it works as a testing treat. YAY! Tuna, or at least the water off of canned tuna, was the only thing that she liked well enough to use as a treat before this. I am so glad to have something that is better for her than that.

I used chicken drumsticks and simmered them in a stockpot for 24 hours with a splash of apple cider vinegar, stirring and checking the water level every few hours. Then, I strained it and refrigerated it. I put a little in a cat food bowl and put it in the microwave for 10 seconds anytime I need to give her some. I bought ice trays today, and I am going to try freezing some in those so that it will last longer.

AJay likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.