Boomer - morning vet update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Traci and Boomer, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Re: Boomer - bioposy partly done - HELP!

Traci.. Do what you think is best.. If it were me, I would be inclined to have them try again, but I don't know what all your going through or feeling right now - because I have not been able to follow all the posts due to my full time job & part time job the past two eveningsā€¦ hang in there & listen to your heart. :YMHUG:

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

traci, you are not cursed. You are special, that is why you are picking out the kitties that need this extra loving, this extra attention. Cause you are THAT good of a momma bean to them.

I guess I would have to say, if it were me, and if he was there, and they could make him comfortable, then I guess I would try it again.

I know it doesn't feel like it right now but you aren't alone in this. You have three pages of people rooting for you and boomer. We are ALL sending positive thoughts to you guys, prayers for you guys, and snowflakes by the blizzard to you guys. We are here for you, all of you guys.

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

If this were my cat - and we are where you are now - here is what I would do

Ask the vet if doing this second exploratory will hurt him in any way - if there is any downside to it, then I wouldn't do it. If she feels it won't hurt him and may give some answers - then I would do it.

If it's done, once you have answers or non-answers - then you will know what next steps to take. And I wouldn't do exploratory surgery on my cat - I've refused it in the past, and would probably refuse it now too.

If food is the issue (which it may or may not be) then I would again try the food trial and this allergy test - also didn't know about it - and see what that tells. It's very possible poultry could be a no-no for him. you know.

but let's break this down into one thing and thought at a time - what's uppermost - is do the second exploratory - yes or no - call the vet back and ask more questions - make sure you understand everything to your satisfaction and then decide - great that money isn't a factor so that won't affect your decision. -

If it doesn't feel right to you - then say no and feel ok about it - if it does, after you ask the questions, then go for it and we'll get whatever results we can and then move on to making the next decisions.

don't make yourself crazy - keep it simple and follow one step at a time - - hope this helps...and know we are here for you both.

4. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Oh Traci I can only imagine how hard this all is for you. Please , please don't think you are cursed. The powers that be have led these babies to you because they know what good care you would give them and would love them with all your heart. And it is so obvious that you do love your baby with all your heart and only want the best for him. All I can say is I think you are doing the right thing. Trust your instincts. They won't let you down. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Hang in there.

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

He's already at the vet, and she is willing to finish the testing at no further charge - I would go ahead and get the job finished. You need to get answers, and you would just end up taking him back in again. It sounds like she did a gastroscopy. Is she also planning to do a colonoscopy?

I think it is quite common for the stomach to also be inflamed as part of the IBD process.

6. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Ladies-

Thanks for weighing in, it really helps. I called the IM doc back and told her keep him and try it again tomorrow and I can visit him tonight. It won't hurt him, he'll just have to recover from the anesthesia. She says she'll feed him a can of food and then take it away so he doesn't over eat. I brought grain-free food.

Part of my issue is the way I'm talked to. When people give bad news I think they should try to be a certain way. I know I'm sensitive so maybe it's me. So I'm very upset and she told me his stomach "doesn't look normal" it's thickened which was another surprise because on the ultrasound it looked fine. She also told me that she happened to see that his larynx is paralyzed on one side - whatever that means. I don't think that means anything bad for him - he was born that way-, she was just telling me. She's very smart and straight to the point. It's not "kind" really.

I said to her that I didn't want to do the surgery because I was afraid that the recovery would be very hard and that he's already not in a good place. She actually said "Well, I'm a verteranarian and I wouldn't have recommended surgery if I didn't think he'd be okay" and I said I was worried about him potentially not eating and having to get a feeding tube and she said "we'd try appetitie stimulants". I just don't think I could leave my house with him in a bad condition for 10 days. I couldn't leave him yesterday when he wouldn't eat and wasn't acting like himself and that's nothing compated to how he'd be after an internal exploratory, right?

7. Traci and Boomer

Yes, she will do the intestines tomorrow. She only could do the stomach today.

And, yeah, his stomach should look bad if he's sick. I guess hearing the bad news makes me feel hopeless but maybe I'm over-reacting.

8. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Tracy,

It sounds like your vet is really working trying to get Boomer through this - willing to do this no-cost- and so the only stake she has in this is wanting to find answers and help Boomer. If she feels he is up to this tomorrow seems like it's a good idea. But you have to be okay withit.

Hang in there-

9. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Hugs, darlin. I haven't got anything else, but I do have hugs.

Best-
    Michele

10. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

(((Traci, Dave, and Boomer)))

I don't have any advice for you other than to follow your instinct. You know Boomer the best, and your love for him will help you make the right decisions. They may not be easy, but you do already have the answers inside yourself. I can't imagine what you're going through, but we are with you every step of the way. As Jennifer said above, please don't feel you are cursed. You are the right person for these kitties of yours, and while it's not fair that it's hard on them and you, they came to you because you guys belonged together. You have so much love and you are such a good bean to Boomer; please don't ever hide that love for fear of getting hurt. You are wonderful and Boomer is so fortunate to have you in his corner during all this.

11. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

I don't have words, my heart goes out to you and Boomer.
    It is so difficult. The way you sound reminds me so much of how I felt when Noisy was sick.
    I don't know why but I have a feeling he's going to be ok.
    Precious Boomer, You have an army of people sending you their love.

12. Traci and Boomer

Hi Sarah-
    That was a beautiful post. People have told me to stop with pets for a while (aka: there is something wrong with me or the situation) they mean well because they see me suffering but it does imply that for some reason I keep getting pets with huge issues.

Talking to the IM vet today and getting this news was SO hard. I had NO CLUE what to do. I DO know however, that Boomer has been very ill lately and that it seems INSANE to operate on him when he's already not feeling well. She's not the one who take care of him after. I'm scared to hear anything else she says, so I'll definitely be back if I need "normal" people to talk to.

I have cried so much today, all here at work. :lol: For some reason I'm feeling okay right now because I know he isn't starving anymore and I know he's safe. I'll see him tonight and Reiki him silly! I am willing to do whatever it takes for him....excpt clean his teeth, for some reason I can't handle that! :lol:

13. Jason & Belle (GA)

Jason & Belle (GA) Member

Traci,

This was a decision I had to make for Belle 3 months ago, and I chose no surgery. I just was not ready to chance losing her in surgery especially if IBD and Cancer are treated the same way, with chlorambucil(Leukeran), why put her through it. I will also say this, if he is already on prednisolone, think even harder. Believe me, the recovery process would not be easy for either of you and the word of a vet is no guarantee of a good outcome. If the surgery can fix him, then that's a different story. It may be worth the risk to see him get better.

You will know in your heart the right thing to do.

Jason

14. Traci and Boomer

Hi D-
    Back when you made Boomer's video, I watched some of your other videos on Utube and I finally saw Noisy. I really like his front paws and how cool they look when he walks. You're lucky to have videos of him. Until I came to this board I never thought of taking videos of my pets but I want to now. I've told Dave he should do this too because although she's doing well, his dog Princess is sick. Thanks for thinking he's going to be okay.

15. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Yes, please do try. You are doing it for Boomer, he knows that.

16. Traci and Boomer

<<This was a decision I had to make for Belle 3 months ago, and I chose no surgery. I just was not ready to chance losing her in surgery especially if IBD and Cancer are treated the same way, with chlorambucil(Leukeran), why put her through it. I will also say this, if he is already on prednisolone, think even harder. Believe me, the recovery process would not be easy for either of you and the word of a vet is no guarantee of a good outcome. If the surgery can fix him, then that's a different story. It may be worth the risk to see him get better.

You will know in your heart the right thing to do.>>

Hi Jason-
    First off, sorry for calling you a lady - there are men here too! :lol: I need to go back and catch up on what's going on with Belle. I've followed some of it but not all because I've been a mess. I hope she's doing better.

He's not on pred, he's on a different med. The surgery is strictly exploratory and she thinks he'd do fine, it's ME who is worried.

17. Traci and Boomer

I just talked to her (IM vet) again. She says she offered him food but he didn't eat anything and now it's time to take away his food so he can be scoped tomorrow with no food in his stomach. She says he's really scared. I feel TERRIBLE that he's not going to eat for this long when he was hungry this morning. I could cry all over again. I feel bad that he's scared. He was having some tremors in the car on the way over. But I have no choice, right? I'm going to visit him tonight and I think I can calm him a lot. I didn't send him any remote Reiki today because I've needed to work and I've been so freaked out I didn't think about it. I asked her if she thought he was suffering from no food and she said again that he was scared and that she didn't want to risk him having too much food in his stomach.

18. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Re: Boomer - vet called again :(

Oh, Traci, I am so so sorry that you are going through all of this. I have absolutely no advise to give you. I can only offer my support and my thoughts and prayers. I have been keeping you guys there and there you will stay until Boomer his home safe, healthy, and sound. You know, in situations like this, there is no right or wrong. You can only do what your heart is telling you to do. (((((Traci & Boomer)))))

19. PeterDevonMocha

Im so sorry you are dealing with this ... I know I keep posting that, but it's so true. I know how much these furbabies burrow their way into our hearts so fast and it's torture not being able to get them well. I'm sure boomer is going to love seeing you tonight, maybe you can take a favorite shirt or blanket of his, something that is familiar to him with your scent or your homes scent on it? It might help him.

20. Jason & Belle (GA)

Jason & Belle (GA) Member

Traci,

As I was driving home from my visit with Belle this morning, and thoughts of losing her went through my head, I realized that I was fortunate to be the one chosen to take care of her. It's not always been easy, but she was going to be born and live her life with or without me, and I feel blessed everyday that we found each other. Boomer is similarly blessed to have you. He was going to have these issues no matter what, so it's lucky for him that he has you to make the decisions. You love him more than anyone else ever could have, and he knows he's in good hands. Just think where he'd be without you. You will do what's best for him, and it's only a decision a mother should make.

As for Belle, we're at a turning point. I haven't made any updates because I'm not really sure what's going to happen next. The next call from the vet will likely tell me if she lives or dies. It's hard to know I may lose her, but as I mentioned earlier, she's been loved more than I can say and I know she was always meant to be mine.

Jason

21. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

((Traci))
    I need to get caught up on the 3 pages of posts but I just wanted to send lots and lots of hugs and love and support from Max and I.
    My heart is breaking for you seeing you and Boomer go through this now.
    Sending prayers and strenhth your way.

22. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Traci....it will be hard to see him tonight and even harder to leave him!! My heart is breaking for you...
    but, he will be checked out tomorrow. Bring a shirt of yours with your scent on it as PeterDevonMocha said...something from home that he will find comforting.....picture him coming home while you are with him and talk to him about that. Tell him that we love him too and are praying for the time to go really fast for him until he can come home...
    We are all hoping that something will be found tomorrow that will give you the info you need....and he will be on the road to recovery.
    :YMHUG: Be strong Traci....you probably don't feel very strong, but FAKE it for now.....you are going through so much, but BREATHE deeply and often.
    So glad you can update everyone here. We are all thinking of you both and hugging youz across the miles.....

23. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Tracy I'm sorry to hear all you've gone through today.

I can only tell you what I'd personally do. I'd want to know first if the samples they got today showed anything. The IM vet is right, endoscopic samples of the intestines aren't the best so if she got stomach samples today, there may not be a lot of benefit tomorrow in getting an intestinal sample. She thought his stomach looked abnormal, too, so you may get some answers there.

My choice for getting biopsies of the GI tract is laprascopic surgery. That's what I had done for my dog when he had liver issues, and that's what I should have done for my late cat Earl (more on that in a sec). It's minimally invasive and there is no extended hospital stay. They make three tiny holes in the abdomen (to stick the camera, the laprascope, and a tube with air to inflate the belly) and an experienced doctor makes the whole procedure go quite quickly. They can get good diagnostic samples of everything AND they can actually look at all the organs so that if, for example, your dog has a few weird spots on his liver, they can biopsy those exact spots. They can also do cultures to check for bacterial growth if infection is suspected.

Now about Earl. As some people here already know, I was given the option of trying endoscopic biopsies or exploratory surgery with Earl to see if his IBD had morphed into cancer. For various reasons I won't go into, it was almost certain that it had become a specific type of cancer. The endoscopic biopsies wouldn't be high-quality so I ditched the idea as not worth the risk, given the fact that this would be to confirm our suspicion rather than anything else and we were looking for intestinal disease and the intestines sample poorly. (Earl was a sickly cat at the time.) The other option, exploratory, I didn't think was worth it because the health risk of a full exploratory was high for a cat of his frailty. So we treated him presumptively, for the cancer we thought he had. When he died later, they did a necropsy (autopsy) and we were wrong, he had a different type of cancer and had been getting an ineffective chemo. His abdominal lymph nodes and his lower intestine were actually rotten with cancer, and it had spread everywhere. I had made a bad call which cost him dearly.

Since then, I have become much more pro-biopsy. Not just for treatment options, but for palliation options and prognosis. If I had known Earl had this type of cancer, I would have made different decisions which would likely have spared him some of the suffering he had at the end. At the time, our hospital wasn't doing laprascopic surgery and for reasons I can't fathom, his internist and onco didn't mention it to me because I would definitely strongly considered it, at least. Anyway, now I tell everyone about laprascopic surgery and I tell them the benefit of biopsy when a diagnosis can alter treatment and palliation decisions. Since Boomer is losing weight and something is amiss, you need to know where to go from here. The stomach tissue may tell you this; if not you'll still need some more information. Boomer is a young cat and could have years ahead, depending on diagnosis and treatment.

One last thing about ultrasound. I think ultrasound is a great tool and can give a lot of valuable information. It is also no substitute for biopsy or an actual eyeball-look, so in many cases I don't hang my hat on it. It gives a portion of information, it rarely cements a diagnosis. (Ok, once at my hospital the internist was able to see the rubber ducky a Golden Retriever had swallowed, sitting in the stomach, so that was a for-sure diagnosis, but it's unusual!) Earl's last ultrasound before his death was actually a "good" one -- the internist reported much less inflammation, smaller lymph nodes, etc. We learned with his necropsy that this was because there was really no healthy tissue left to be inflamed and his lymph nodes were falling apart. So the 'take as part of the big picture' caveat always applies for me.

24. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

I can't tell you how many times people have told me to get out of the pet business! My own parents tell me to not get any more pets once my current 5 have passed on. But, that wouldn't be me. I love animals and have loved them. All five of my pets have either a behavioral or health issue. I'm five for five! Before Logan, I had Isobel. She was the love of my life. I lost her when she was only 5 years old. She ate some ribbon - they did surgery, told me everything was great and she'd be home that weekend. The morning I was supposed to bring her home, they called to tell me she had passed overnight. They failed to realize her liver was fatty b/c she hadn't eaten in a few days. I swore I would never get another pet again. I was so devastated. To this day (almost six years later) I still miss her and cry when I think of her. Three weeks after she passed, Logan came into my life. My ex-husband was determined to bring him home from the shelter. We were there with a friend who was adopting a cat. It took him three hours to convince me to take him home. I then ignored him for a few days. I felt like we were replacing Isobel and that was exactly what my ex was doing. I fell in love with him, of course, and when he got sick during my divorce I fought like hell to keep him. I gave my ex every physical possession we owned so I could keep my three boys. I now believe Isobel passed b/c Logan needed me more.

I'm telling you all of this just to let you know I fully understand your way of thinking! I totally feel cursed. I even told DH2B that the next pet I adopt will be a sick pet - probably an older, diabetic cat. That way, I know what I'm getting into and I won't be jinxing a seemingly healthy animal! :lol: We have to embrace this "curse"! :lol:

These "damaged" kitties end up with us for a reason, Traci. It's not random, it's divine intervention. God knows they need someone like us to take care of them. Yes, it absolutely kills us, but the love we receive from them is everything. I am not passionate about much, but I am extremely passionate about my furbabies! Yes, most people think I'm nuts, but I no longer care! :mrgreen:

And don't worry about crying at work - it's TBP so it's to be expected. :mrgreen:

He's going to be ok. I know it's hard for you to go through this, but have faith that he's going to be ok. It most likely won't be overnight. We've known for months that Logan has IBD but I feel like we're just now making progress with his treatment. It's all trial and error. And even now, I'm terrified he's going to suffer another flare or setback. But, if he does, I will somehow find the strength to get through it. I'm all he has, after all. Stay strong, Traci, we're all behind you and know you can do this. It sucks for sure, but you'll get through this. Vent all you need to here! That's what we're for.

25. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

'
    I'm glad to read such an articulate pro-biopsy post for you to consider in conjunction with posts from those who opted for alternatives. I did indeed opt for Quincy to have a surgical biopsy just over 2 years ago so we would know whether he had cancer or IBD (turned out he had both - and more). I was very fearful to put Quincy through this and was mindful of the cost as well. My vet said we could treat Quincy as if he had IBD, but he indicated that treating Quincy for IBD when he actually had cancer could make the cancer much more difficult to fight later on. I know lymphoma and IBD are both treated with lymphoma, so I'm not exactly sure what he meant by that 2 years ago (maybe because we needed to know it was lymphoma and not another cancer, and maybe the combo of drugs and/or the dosing would have been different). I still was hesitant, but my vet indicated that 11-year old cats usually don't come down with IBD and if it was his cat, he'd have him on the operating table right away. I trusted him and when he said that plus offered to let me break up the payments, I decided to do it. Turned out it was the right call for us, but it may not be for everyone.

I also asked him about endoscopy b/c it was less invasive, but he said that wasn't good for getting intestine specimens. At the time, my vet also wanted to biopsy Quincy's pancreas, and I don't think it was possible via endoscopy. Although I guess the surgery is exploratory, my vet went in with a deliberate plan: to obtain 4 specimens, 1 each from Quincy's stomach, pancreas, small intestine, and large intestine. Once he was operating, he opted to leave Quincy's pancreas alone give its appearance (and b/c a biopsy sample could aggravate it) and opted to instead take a specimen from an angry looking lymph node in the stomach/small intestine area. It turned out that that lymph node specimen was where the cancer turned up. We couldn't have learned that via endoscopy, and while Quincy's recovery was a little bumpy, I really feel like being so aggressive with the biopsy has helped Quincy tremendously.

All this is just so hard, though, and I really feel for you. Your anguish makes me feel like what I went through with Quincy was only days ago, not over 2 years ago. it's so hard to know if you made the right decision at any juncture. Just try not to second guess yourself - you're doing the best you can and clearly have Boomer's welfare and quality of life as top priorities. I hope you and your vet are able to get to the bottom of things soon. Take care.

26. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

(((Traci))). Sending no advice, just love, to you and Boomer. We know that you will make the right decisions for your boy. Visit him as often as you can. We are thinking good thoughts and praying that Boomer will be OK.

Ella & Stu

27. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((Traci)))))) sending support and hugs to you at this time when you need it most :YMHUG: :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

28. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

((((Tracy)))) (((Boomer)))

I don't have words, my heart goes out to you and Boomer.
    So many posts, so much information! We're all here to support you and send you vines of whatever kind or flavour you would like!!!

29. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say that there is NOTHING wrong with you. Have you ever thought that these pets with issues find you? Perhaps you are meant to get them for the very fact that you are sensitive and you care and they know they will be loved and taken care of by you. I'm of the belief that you don't choose a pet, they choose you.

I know that it's incrediablly hard to go through all this pain and worry but rest assured that Boomer knows you're there for him and you love him.

Attached Files:

30. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Traci - No advice just lots of positive thoughts and prayers for you & Boomer. You will make the best decision for Boomer. I hope you have a great visit with Boomer.

Sherry & Zoe

31. Traci and Boomer

My Gosh. Today was a really, really hard day, but there is some good stuff too. I have never in my life received help and support like TODAY right here. I'm serious. I cried ONCE AGAIN :lol: reading my posts tonight. I laughed out loud at Kelly's post about how she feels cursed too! That made me feel so much better. And all the inspiring and beautiful sentiments from all of you incredible people, some of whom are also going through tough times too. My God, it's such a huge help. Laura and Jess thank you for the details of your experiences. I was not offered laproscopic surgery - it sounds perfect, had I been offered that I would have taken it! And this is a referral hospital but it must not be as advanced as yours. Too bad, because I would have done it.

I was scared that my visit with Boomer would be a downer but it wasn't! I was given a room with a couch and tv - it's the room little kid visitors can play in. At first he was SO restless he wouldn't settle down or sit on my lap. He actually had a lot of nervous energy and was exploring the room. I started giving him Reiki (energy healing with my hands-you don't have to be touching him) and it took a while for him to accept it. Then...he started accepting in and it was great. He started relaxing and he ended up on my lap (just like at home) for a solid 45 minutes. He would gaze up at me every once in a while. His heartbeat slowed down and he turned to mush. :smile: We watched several shows; it was like being in a mini living room with kids toys all over. It was an incredible bonding experience; such a gift. I was SO glad I had taken my Reiki classes because it really helped tonight. Then I brought him out to give him back. I was very proud that he wasn't scared even when a few dogs came by. Oh and he also pooped while I was there so I know his stomach is empty - that was a big one. :lol: On the way to the hospital I spoke to my mom on the phone and told her what was going on. She told me I could always take him home tonight if I wanted to. Like you guys, she told me to listen to my gut.When I saw him I was happily surprised at how much energy he had climbing onto tables and chairs in this room. He didn't seem sickly. He was annoyed with the catheter and was trying to chew it off. It was a great visit - a gift-just like this thread from all of you!

32. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Traci ))) So glad you had such a special visit. I hope your boy is home with you soon. There were some beautiful posts here today, very touching.

33. paige

paige Well-Known Member

((((Traci)))) I am so glad to hear that your visit tonight with Boomer was a good one. You never know what you are walking into right? And wonderful that he passed some stool. Praying that the procedure is a success tomorrow and you get to bring your little Boom Boom home tomorrow. You have been though so much in these last few days. Don't forget to take care of yourself (I know it doesn't seem possible). I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight. Know that you left Boomer calmer and happy and loved. Hugs to you Traci. Please give Boomer a kiss for me next time you see him :YMHUG:

34. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Boomer - visit went well!

I'm so glad your visit was so great. I'm sending Boomer healing vines and energies for tomorrow's procedure. I hope they figure out how to help Boomer. I'm sending you strength and comfort for tomorrow's stressful day. I really hope everything goes great.

35. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Oh Traci, I'm so glad to hear you had such a wonderful visit with Boomer. I know it was what you both needed, and it's great that you are able to use such an awesome tool as Reiki.

You guys are all in my prayers for a calm night for Boomer, and a smooth procedure tomorrow, as well as a speedy recovery. (((Traci, Dave and Boomer)))

36. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Traci I cried so when I read all the newest posts--I send Boomer my STRONGEST HEALING VINES, that he comes home with you so so soon!
    That he feels better, and gets totally well again--
    With a heart as Big as yours, any animal would be BLESSED to have a bean like you--
    You are amazing & we are sending our loving & healing, as you need some too!
    BIG HEARTFELT HUGS~!!!!!

37. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh (((((Traci))))) What a wonderful thing to read I cannot sleep still after the loss of my Crazy Horse so I thought to come onto the board and catch up and it makes me feel really good to read you post and see such a wonderful report I hope and pray for your Boomer that things continue to improve for him and his Vet or the specialist you are working with will be able help him so he can get home to his Mama Bean soon when you spoke of this board and the support here I agree its like a second home isn't it and even though I have not been on here a very long time I feel like you all are like a extended virtual family. More HUGS keep us updated as things change :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

38. Iorwen & Tray

That sounds like an amazing place and a wonderful visit, I'm so happy for you and Boomer

39. sanrun

sanrun Member

Happy to see this! I've been following this, just haven't posted. I hope Boomer mends quickly and you get on the right treatment path. I've felt cursed when it comes to my cats, too! My first kitty Rat had asthma and non-cancerous mouth lesions, we could never get either of those problems totally under control. Then, I ended up with 3 diabetic cats - Stubby DX 2005, Jessie DX in 2006 and Cecil DX 1n 2007. We lost Stubby to mouth cancer, Jessie went OTJ and then Cecil was DX with Acro! Sadly, I lost both Cecil and Jessie last summer. They were both 12 years old, so not really that old. Anyway, sending lost of positive vibes for Boomer :YMHUG:

40. PeterDevonMocha

oh traci, I'm so glad the visit went well last night. Now you know what you are doing is for the best, and that he is ok with you guys trying to help him. He just missed his momma but know he knows you are still right there for him!

We are all praying in this house that the exam this morning goes well, and that boomer heals quickly from it.

41. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Wonderful report on your visit with Boomer last night....that was so great that you could spend time together in that kind of setting. Seeing him walking around and accepting your Reiki (and pooping!! :razz: ) must have been so helpful for you both! It was wonderful reading your post this morning and knowing that you left him last night feeling such positive thoughts and feelings!
    Praying that all goes well for you both today....thank you so much for updating with the great descriptive post of your visit! You have made us all feel so good hearing that it went so well! ((((Trace & Boomer))))) Continued prayers for you both!

42. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Your visit post put a big smile in my heart.

43. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You must have been so relieved! You and Boomer are in my thoughts.

44. Traci and Boomer

Good Morning LL Friends,

I heard from the vet at 8:30 AM telling me that Boomer's looking good- he seems calm and not scared today. (yay Reiki!) She told me she plans of doing his procedure at 9:30 - so she's doing it now. It only takes about 45 minutes and she'll call when she's done. I'm pretty confident that it will go well. I just need to be calm and not starting panicking when she says things look abnormal. Of course they look abnormal!!! He's got IBD! :roll: I wore waterproof mascara today at work just in case. People saw me crying here yesterday but I don't care. Peeps are nice here.

This hospital has web-cam services so I can visit Boomer via the web in his cage after he's done with his procedure. I'll send him long-distance Reiki while looking at him-isn't that cool? I'm going to tell him to eat when he feels good. He's been fasted now for so long I don't even want to think about it. He needs to eat to feel better, the poor guy.

Thanks guys for letting me post on Lantus. He IS a Lantus guy after all. Oh, and she said his pancreas seems good! I think Lantus helped repair it. Lantus is a miracle insulin.

Thank you once again for caring, for your prayers and thoughts, advice and stories about your own experiences. It helps tremendously.

45. Nina and KB

That is so cool that there's a web cam. I want to learn more about that Reiki stuff you're doing!

46. Nina and KB

Umm, maybe a good time to start a new daily thread! :)

47. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Cool about the webcam! SUPER about him this morning...not acting scared. That IS wonderful news!
    It is also great that his pancreas looks good....so happy...
    I hope he will be home soon...I know you will be staring at the webcam...wishing you were right in the cage with him, right? Soon.... :YMHUG:

48. Iorwen & Tray

Ditto. I have another cat, an abuse rescue who is a very nervous kitty, I'd love to learn ways to help him stay calm.

Praying all goes well today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.