Boozle - Update

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Tina and Boozle, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

He is still doing pretty well. We are still well in the greens on sugar, although he is more in the 70s and 80s rather that 40's and 50's. He is also eating regular amounts each day, which is relatively new. He went to the vet yesterday and they said he looks amazing on all fronts. He gained two pounds in two weeks. Apparently that isn't normal, so they checked him for tumors. His situation is so different than what they expected to see, I think we are all still cautiously optimistic.

We are still having issues with stinky, white poops. We are trying pro-biotics first, after the metro, just to make sure it isn't a side-effect of all the good bacteria being killed off in the gut. She mentioned EPI as a possible culprit. Anyone have any experience with that? She said it is fairly expensive to test for and to treat.

Otherwise he seems to feel great. He is actually playing like crazy quite a bit and getting into normal cat trouble. Outside of the poo issues, he is showing no outward signs of being sick. Fingers crossed!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Boozle's numbers are still looking great. I wonder if the weight gain is an error in measurement because that does seem like a huge amount to gain in two weeks. Maybe the calibration on the scale was off or something. You could try posting about EPI out on Main and see if anyone out there knows about it. I think the most important thing though is that he's feeling good and playing and enjoying life. Great job!

Tina and Boozle likes this.
  3. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

Yeah, that could be it. I am not too familiar with weight gain/loss. I just know when they are too fat and too skinny. He has been eating a bunch more than usual and he only poops one every two days. Maybe he was full of poo and food. :D

He is playing like crazy right now. We came home from a workshop the other night and little dude had the handle and part of a paper bag wrapped around his waist. We hadn't actually seen him playing yet, so we were a little perplexed. Until we saw him attack the bag a few nights ago, it did not occur to us that he had been playing with it.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  4. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

That’s awesome. So glad he’s feeling well. Happy he’s eating and playing. As for EPI I have no experience so hopefully someone else will chime in. I am on my 2nd wine tonight Hopefully you grabbed your martini! These ever changing kitty behaviors drives me to drink!

5. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

6. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

Sorry, was trying to figure out the video thing so y'all could see how cute he was playing.

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I love that video, Tina! :smuggrin: It's great to see a senior kitty feeling good and playing, especially after the health issues Boozle has had. What a lovely plume of a tail he has!

8. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

LOL....all the toys we buy them, and the thing they love most is a plain old paper bag! What a beautiful kitty! And I second Kris' comment about that tail! So pretty!

9. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

He does this weird waggy thing with his tail and chatters when we are opening the food to feed him. Its the silliest thing.

Djamila and Kris & Teasel like this.
  10. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Ha, that's what my cats do when they see birds out the window! Maybe he figures he is hunting for his food!

Tina and Boozle and Djamila like this.