Bubba 1/11 AMPS 91

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bobbie And Bubba, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

1/7

Good Morning L, B, & L ~

Bubba is holding his own. Two more days of ear treatment with the garlic oil.

Vines to all Beans an Kitties in need.

OT Forrest isn't doing so well.......since Saturday his appy has been off and a lot of coaxing to get him to eat. Took him to the vet yesterday and the x-ray showed he was full of poop! Like 7 inches worth. I had to leave him for them to sedate him and they had to preform a de-opstipation procedure. They got out a lot of hard stool. He was sent home 4 hours later and we knew there was more but soft. After an hour of solitary confinement in the powder room, the flood gates to hell opened up and I could not believe the amount of soft serve that came out of him! My powder room looked like a crime scene but it wasn't blood. Ugh. This morning, some more mess in there but way less. He is still "draining" and will need to go back to isolation.

Also, the perirenal cyst had to be drained again, this time 125 ml of fluid was removed. Appy is way down. Poor boy.

Other than this, I'm living the dream.........LOL

Beth 73 and Tracey&Jones (GA) like this.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Poor Forrest and poor you, Bobbie! :eek: Does he have megacolon?

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Forrest. I hope he feels better soon. I'm glad Bubba is doing okay. Sending prayers.

4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry for Forest! One of my cats had megacolon; he was going in for de-opstipation and getting enema at home. Hope your little garlicky guy gets better soon!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  5. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Bubba is definitely looking good! So glad you're almost done with the ear treatment. But goodness Bobbie! And I thought dealing with cat pee was bad enough, but crime scene poo is intense! Poor Forrest (and you!). Sending vines to help him feel better.

6. Bobbie And Bubba

I think it's heading that way. You wouldn't believe how much stuff and how thick it was on the x-ray. The powder room has been mopped twice in the last 12 hours. :blackeye: Not to mention 2 loads of old towels washed.

Momma is going out to lunch with a friend at noon and there will be wine involved. :D

7. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Bobbie, glad to know that Bubbs is better! I am sorry about Forrest bowel issues, poor boy! Perhaps keep him on small dose of lactulose? Have fun with your friend at lunch!

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks Sandi and Happy New Year!

Shoeskitty-GA likes this.
  9. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Now, that's an excellent plan! :D

10. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Never a dull moment in FD land. Poor Forrest and you too!

Keep on trucking Bubba:cat:

Before FD I had no clue all the issues these poor kitties and beans go thru on a daily basis:rolleyes:

Drink a glass for me:bighug:have a nice lunch

11. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Have you tried SEB? It should lubricate everything & help . I give 1/2 cap a day & all 3 of my kitties have Great Poop!:p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  12. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Sounds just like what the doctor ordered! After all that poo cleaning - you deserve lunch and wine! Enjoy!

As they say 'There will be poo' ...

Poor baby. Glad Bubbs is doing well...at least take consolation in that :)

13. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS for the Bubbs!
    Poor Forrest! And poor you for having clean-up duty!

14. Bobbie And Bubba

Hey Deb! How are y’all doing??

DebG likes this.
  15. Bobbie And Bubba

Love the dancing poop! Yes, SEB is in our daily maintence. Today, he’s had 2 SEB balls so far.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  16. Bobbie And Bubba

C9225525-A492-49B8-83CA-8B7F4CB38FE0.jpeg Here’s my Do Do bug with a doggie diaper on. Momma got tired of cleaning up poop and washing towels. And I wanted him to be able to roam some to be upright.
    Poor boy.

17. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry. I must have jinxed Forrest when I asked about him just the other day. I hope things settle down soon!

18. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Super busy wish I had more time to check in daily!
    :bighug:

19. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

That made me giggle. I have been there more often then wanted with Jones. Hope things settle down with Forrest.

20. Bobbie And Bubba

Hugs Tracy! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

21. Bobbie And Bubba

I know! Just kidding. Actually, his appy was all ready starting to slow down.

22. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

OMG! I hate to say - but that's kinda funny.:p. How long exactly will Do Do Bug be able to keep that diaper on? Luci would be pulling out of that...she's a slippery little eel...:facepalm:

23. Bobbie And Bubba

I thought for sure he would wiggle out too , but he didn’t even try! It’s been 24 hours since I picked him up from the hospital. I sure hope it stops soon. A call to the vet office did not provide me with any absolutes with how long this could go on for. “It’s hard to say...” they said.

The Cloud Nine salve is getting a workout for his poor little red bum. :(

24. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

O.M.G. that is cracking me up, I can't believe he is still in it.

Poor, poor Forrest.:(. Will he eat pumpkin? I think Paul @Bronx's dad uses flax seed?

Bubba's numbers look good. :bighug:

25. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks to your great description on the roll method injection. It was quite embarrassing how frequent the FSs were happening. Fingers crossed!

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  26. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending vines for Forrest to get over this "episode". Bobbie, you must be exhausted. I hope you were able to enjoy your lunch with your friend, and that you had a couple of glasses of wine.

Lookin' good, Deputy Bubba.

27. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks Ella! Yes, I’m quite pooped. And I did have 2 glasses of Malbec. :);):joyful:

28. JoyBee&Ravan

Can I get some thoughts on what's going on with Ravan? He went to yellow & back again for the second time. This does not look like a bounce. Do you think he needs an increase to 1 unit at pmps tonight?

29. Bobbie And Bubba

He does look like he could use more juice. He has been dancing around the 1 unit dose being to much and the 75 isn't quite doing it. I would increase.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  30. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Glad Bubba’s ears are better! I hope Forrest is all cleaned out and has a good apply soon! I think you definitely earned a nice lunch with adult beverages!

31. JoyBee&Ravan

How do you make balls out of SEB? It seems giving it as a liquid would work better to lubricate his insides?
    I hope Forrest is doing better [​IMG][​IMG]

Have a Great Weekend!:D

32. JoyBee&Ravan

I just read this & thought it might help.
    " I'm glad you're getting the cisapride! I had to get it from a compounding pharmacy that put it in a liquid form, and I think I was able to mix that in with baby food and she would eat it.
    It seemed like my cat had decided to stop trying because it was so stressful, and the cisapride got her bowels moving again. It works by stimulating the intestinal muscles to contract."

33. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

And all of a sudden I feel very fortunate that the poop disaster at my house yesterday happened outside rather than inside. :oops:

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  34. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I used to use ground flax seed & pumpkin but found out that may not be good for megacolon so I stopped. Bronx has been a poop champ lately though and I think it is the D-Mannose. How are you doing Lizzie?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  35. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Poor little Forrest, I hope this all resolves very soon, for both your sakes!

36. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Aw, so many vines and prayers for poor Forrest....