Bubba 1/7 AMPS 103, +4 = 76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bobbie And Bubba, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

1/2

Good Morning L, B, & L ~

Slowly goes the yeast ears. He hates me fooling with his ears now. He was a good sport for a long time and now he's had enough. He smell like garlic bread when I kiss him . :p

Vines to all beans and Kitties in need

OT: A full weekend of more family for continued Christmas celebrating. It's the season that doesn't stop..... this gal is getting tired.

2. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

YUM! :joyful:
    Take some time to rest & have HAPPY thoughts !:D

(what is Dream Coat?)

3. Bobbie And Bubba

4. JoyBee&Ravan

I thought garlic was not good for Cats?

I sold Essential Oils for many years but never used them in my house because of many warnings I read that Cats cannot even smell essential oils due to toxic effect on their liver.I know some web sites claim it's safe to use them but I rather "be Safe than sorry"
    Essential oils which contain phenols are particularly toxic to cats and cause liver damage. These include Oregano, Thyme, Eucalyptus, Clove, Cinnamon, Bay Leaf, Parsley and Savory

Essential oils which contain ketones cause neurological symptoms. These include: Cedar Leaf*, Sage*, Hyssop*, Cyprus*, Lavender, Eucalyptus, Mint ,Caraway*, Citronella ,Clove*, Ginger*, Chamomile, Thyme and Rosemary (those marked * give particular cause for concern).

https://phz8.petinsurance.com/pet-health/pet-toxins/garlic-toxicity-and-pets

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

I should have said "Pure Oils" not Essential oils. Click on the link I provided above to see the product and the ingredients like Safflower oil, wheat germ oil, etc.

Apparently, to be dangerous to a cat, a cat would have to ingest at least 2 cloves of garlic. Garlic in small quantities are fine and the medicinal properties that garlic offers is valuable for infection, yeast issues & allergies.
    Everyone has to do or use what makes them comfortable to do. I know there is a lot of contrary information about a lot of things that pertain to cats.

6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeast can be so stubborn. :banghead: How much longer with the ear drops?

7. JoyBee&Ravan

I was just looking at Tiny Sole's SS. On 10/17/18 she was still getting 3.5 units of insulin after that date her glucose started dropping & dose decreasing dramatically! She went into remission.

Is that just her Pancreas kicking in ? I that what "usually" happen when a Cat goes into remission? It just seemed to come out of nowhere, and happened so fast?

8. Bobbie And Bubba

So far, I did a week with the Tresaderm and stopped that because of the steroid as it was spiking his numbers. I immediately started the Zymox drops and did them for 3 weeks! And now I have done the garlic oil for 8 days and am supposed to do 14 days total.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  9. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Poor little Bubba Yeast Ears. I know just how you feel, momma.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers for Bubba today. I hope his ears clear up soon Sending prayers.

11. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I hope Bubba's ears clear up soon!
    Hope you had a good time with family!

12. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

13. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Maybe he's concerned that you will start nibbling on his ears since he smells like garlic bread. ;)

14. Bobbie And Bubba

When a kitty hits their dose, they just "snap" and start racing down the dosing ladder. It is an exciting and very tiring time . My wish is that all our kitties hit their mark.

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.