Bubba 12/19 AMPS 99

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bobbie And Bubba, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Last Post

Good Morning L & L ~

I think we figured out the allergies. It was definitely to the Florastor ( S. Boulardii) chicken and pork! So, I started back with turkey and so far all the lesions are closing. He is still scratching a little bit , but much better. And his numbers are starting to come down. :joyful:

Hopefully turkey will serve him well for a while. We are running out of easy to get proteins and I hope I won't need to go to a novel protein yet.......

Vines to all Kitties and Beans in need.

OT: Mom's PT is going well and yesterday her PT told me she is back to where she was before the fall. She is still quite wobbly and it's nerve racking to think she could fall again.

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Happy to hear that you have figured out what was bothering Bubba! Nice green AMPS again today!

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice that u figured it out
    Beautiful start

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news for Bubba. Nice start today. Glad your mom is doing better. Sending prayers.

5. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Nice update for Bubba, and beautiful AMPS!
    Glad your mom is recovering well, and that you figured out Bubba's allergies. Had you just started the Florastor ( S. Boulardii) chicken and pork, or did he develop an allergy after eating it for a while? The idea of suddenly developing allergies to something you've been eating for a while is scary to me. My mother-in-law developed an allergy to all kinds of produce in her 60s (hives, swelling, the whole bit), and now the allergy is gone again.

6. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Glad that Bubba is feeling better and that his numbers are starting to come back down! ...allergies are just so frustrating! Einstein (one of my dogs) started breaking out a few weeks ago and I can't figure out what's going on. Nothing has changed. Same food, same everything. It's just that something isn't agreeing with him anymore.

7. Bobbie And Bubba

I had been giving him the Florastor daily for about a month and 1/2 since his bout of diarrhea for 4 days. I should have stopped it after one week when the diarrhea went away but thought I was helping him.......NOT!

The chicken allergy could have been there for a while and it was showing up as diarrhea? Who knows. And the pork......I might retry that in about 3 months after his system heals. I just pray that he doesn't develop an allergy to the turkey. I have been busy lining up more novel proteins. The butcher where I get my meats for him ,carries whole frozen rabbits which I could always get them to band saw them into chunks and then grind it for me........it's twice the price of the turkey.....:(

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Maybe try a new protein for him and give his system a break from the one he was getting. Yes, allergies are maddening. I used aloe vera gel with lidocaine ( the kind you put on sunburns ) when my dog had hot spots from flea bites and from eating beef until we realized she was allergic to beef. A lot of dogs are. The aloe vera juice would stop her scratching immediately and would heal the hot spots overnight!

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Glad you figured it out. Nice start today.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  10. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Wow, what an experience. I'm so glad you were able to figure it out. Thanks for explaining it in so much detail. I had never even heard of novel proteins before.
    I really hope the turkey and pork work out. The novel proteins are a good backup, but honestly FD is expensive enough already.

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

So happy to hear that Bubba's allergies have been solved and that his symptoms are almost gone. I think you're wise to stick with turkey for a while. Hey Bubba, maybe you can have a turkey hotdog! :cat: :p

Hugs and scritches,

12. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Glad he is feeling better :)