Bubba 3/19 AMPS 102, + 6.75= 66 PMPS = 97

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bobbie And Bubba, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Bubba had a nice run yesterday and overall his cycle is getting a bit tighter. Momma is happy about that. :)

Forrest: He didn't try to make it to the LB last night. I put a path of scatter rugs on the hardwood to help him have traction to the LB which I brought up from the basement and put in the powder room. This morning he could walk better on the hard wood floors and was eager to eat. Then all of a sudden his hind legs slipped out from under him. Bless his little heart. After eating, he insisted to go outside to do his duty so I let him. Eager to call the vet as soon as they open and get him seen.

Vines to all Beans and Kitties in need.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Bubba is doing well. I hope you can get Forrest in quickly and it is something simple to treat. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Bobbie, I’m just getting caught up on Forrest. Poor little guy! Could he have a pinched nerve or something from the poop strain? Does he have pooping problems often? Hope it’s something simple. :bighug:

4. Bobbie And Bubba

That's kind of what I thought because the problem started a few hours after I found his large rock hard poop . And his problem is intermittent. This morning so far, he is doing pretty good on the hard wood floors, he only had one slip.

And yes, he does seem to have issues with pooping. Unfortunately, he does most of it outside. I only get to see when he drops a huge one or it's stuck to his behind like it was on Friday. I think he must have mega colon for sure. I am anxious to get some answers.

5. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Good vetty vines for you and Forrest.
    Bubba, surf steady for your mama today.
    :bighug:❤️:bighug:

6. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Sending vines and prayers for Forrest today!

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks Sandi!

8. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Love seeing all those greens on the Bubb's ss!
    Sending vines to Forrest; hopefully it's something simple!

9. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

Hopefully the vet can get you a solution to Forest’s big poops problem, whether it’s related to his back leg issues or not. They must hurt on the way out. Maybe suggest they check for hemorrhoids or his anal glands. If they are impacted it may hurts when he poops therefore, he holds it in. Thus, causing big poop which may push on some nerves inside causing him to have problems walking.
    I know it’s kinda out there but, you never know.

Beth 73 and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  10. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Vetty vines to Forrest. Asia's back legs would splay out like she wanted to do the splits when she was at her food bowl in the kitchen. This happened around the time she was diagnosed with FD, I assumed it was arthritis but never got a definitive answer. Put a small rug in front of her bowl to give her traction and started pain meds and b vitamins and it doesn't happen anymore. I hope you get some answers and it's an easy fix. :bighug:

11. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I hope you can get some answers for your boy. :bighug:

12. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Vetty vines for Forrest. :bighug:

13. Bobbie And Bubba

Forrest was left at the animal clinic. He still had a lot of hard poop in him and the vet tried to digitally remove but could not. He will get an enema while there, blood work for a full senior panel, and receive some fluids. Also she is going to x-ray the bowel to make sure all poop is out after the enema. She thinks there is a possibility that the amount of poop inside of him could be pressing on a nerve to his hind legs. I would not be surprised if he doesn't have mega colon. He has lost some weight since Feb. vet visit for a thyroid panel.........She also thinks his kidney feels enlarged.........

I should know more after this afternoon. Thanks for all the great suggestions and prayers.

Bubba: Doesn't he throw me a 60 at+3.???? Loaded him up with some food and he was 59 when I returned one hour later.......

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  14. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Poor Forrest and you too mama bean. Glad you were able to get him in this morning. Mega vines and prayers for Forrest :bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Prayers for Forrest and hugs for you , Bobbie :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Shoeskitty-GA

So glad that you were able to get Forrest in! Hope the enema cleans him out and that the bw is good!!!

17. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

Vetty vine for Forrest!!! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Thinking of Forrest at the vet today. You should get some answers.

19. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Many prayers for Forrest...keep it safe, Bubba!

20. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Praying for good news for Forrest!

21. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the vetty visit will yield answers and that Forrest will be OK. Many vines for him.

Yo Deputy Bubba, lookin' good, man, but don't go too low. I mended the shark nets the other day, so you don't have to!
    ~ LagoonMeister Rusty

22. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Well done Bubba - keep the bean on her toes! :D

Piling on more vetty vines for Forrest.

23. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

And even more vetty vines for Forrest...

24. Bobbie And Bubba

Forrest is home after spending 6 hours at the animal hospital getting two enemas, an x-ray, senior panel B/W, fluids, and an AB shot of amoxicillin. She said his kidneys looks fine and what she thought was an enlarged kidney was some hard poop. She removed 6 large hard pieces from him and one piece showed high in the x-ray after the first enema that she feels will come down after being softened from the enema. She believes that all this poop was pressing on a nerve to his hind legs and that it should resolve within a few days. Fingers and paws crossed.

Also, B/W results should be in tomorrow and she will call me. She is concerned that he has lost a bit more weight since his visit in February. I will start him back on miralax. Since he drinks a lot of water, she is not worried that he will get dehydrated from being on it long term.

Bubba behaved and surfed while I was gone. :cat:

25. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Whew. Hoping the hind leg issue with Forrest is resolved with this. Poor boy. Extra scritches for both boys tonight. Glad Bubba behaved. Fingers crossed for an unremarkable bw report. :bighug::cat::bighug:

26. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Ooh long day for poor Forrest! Hope he feels better soon!

27. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Such good news !!! I know u know ab pumpkin, Bobbie , but that’s how I keep Elmo moving ...2x a day I syringe 2 t ....won’t eat it on his own :banghead: like his civvie brothers :) Just so glad it was probably related to being backed up.. bless his heart ( and bottom ;)) :bighug::bighug::bighug:

28. Shoeskitty-GA

Whew! It sounds pretty good Bobbie! Maybe his thyroid meds need to be adjusted. Am I remembering this right, that he is hyperthyroid?

29. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Good vetty report for Forrest, he much feel much better after getting "cleaned" out :cat:

30. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes, he is and his thyroid panel in February showed he was at the high end of normal now and she said we could tweak his methimazole a bit. That is one of my questions for her when she calls me tomorrow.

Shoeskitty-GA likes this.
  31. Bobbie And Bubba

I started him back on pumpkin tonight. I need to put it in the ground turkey meal as it mixes in nicer than chuck chicken and pork.

32. Shoeskitty-GA

That probably accounts for his weight loss. Increasing the methimazole should help him gain it back. So glad you took him in!

33. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Sounds like a rough but hopefully productive day. Prayers he starts feeling better now!

34. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

That’s a lot of poop for one little guy! Glad it’s out and hope he gets back to his old self

35. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Whew! I’ll bet you and Forrest are exhausted! Also, what a thoughtful fellow Bubba was today to surf sweetly for you.
    Sending easy poop and good b/w vines for stalwart Forrest. Hope you all can get some good sleep tonight. :bighug:❤️:bighug:

36. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

So happy to hear this news. I hope Forrest will be fine now that the offensive poop is out (pun intended).

37. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad it seems to have been just the poop. I hope you get good b/w results back. :bighug::bighug:

38. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Bobbie - just reading this - Poor little guy -it's always something, huh?

39. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Poor Forrest. Kind of an embarrassing problem! I hope he is all better now. Come to think of it, my brother's cat was limping due to constipation once. How do they survive without us?

40. Bobbie And Bubba

Oh Sina, when the vet tried to digitally remove the impaction before she admitted him for the enema, he screamed and his eyes bugged out.......oh my poor boy! That image is going to stay with me for a while........sigh

41. Bobbie And Bubba

That's what I am thinking too. Of course when they start losing unexplained weight our thoughts go right to the "C" word.

42. Shoeskitty-GA

Oh how scary for him and for you!

43. Shoeskitty-GA

No doubt. But hopefully just the thyroid.

44. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

Oh, what a relief, now you can exhale, even humans can't eat when they are stopped up, so hopefully, he will gain some weight back; whew, Bubba has us on the edge of our seats! Now you can get some rest too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.