Bubba 3.27 AMPS =87 Forrest Update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bobbie And Bubba, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good Morning L & L ~

So much for reducing some as he just popped me a 53 @ +3 :eek: At least I will be around through his +5.5 to makes sure he comes up.

Poor Forrest can't eat for the U/S today and now I have to dole more food out for Bubba. :rolleyes: I didn't sleep well last night anticipating it being difficult for me with a crying cat, but got to say so far so good. I let him outside with supervision so that he would pee outside and not inside out of spite, which is what happened last night when I wouldn't let him outside after dark, he backed up against my sofa and urinated on the skirt and area carpet! But, the good news is he pooped in the box early this morning. He covers his, Bubba doesn't :joyful:

Vines to all Beans and Kitties in need.

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah for poop. Not so much on the spraying.

Vetty vines today for Forrest.

Nerve vines for you...I know how much that crying is hard to hear.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

When I have to fast Boomer I don't get much crying...it's "the look" you know the one that says "mommy why are you starving me". :(
    Good luck today! Sending vetty and u/s vines for Forrest! YAY for poop, boo to the pee on the carpet!

4. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Good luck today Forrest!

5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Aw, poor Forrest, I can't stand fasting them, they just don't understand, but I've been there too. I hope the ultrasound goes well.

Bubba is still being a bit dramatic, I see? Far enough, Bubba, nothing good for you down there, now surf! :D

6. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Easy does it in the lagoon Mr Boomer, Vetty vines for Forrest. Titan doesn't cover any of his but civie Frank follows him in and covers for him! Ahhh what are little brothers for o_O

7. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Okay Bubbs, this is not the time for you to drop. It's Forrest' turn to get the attention for a little while. Sorry about the retaliation pee Bobbie. Vines, hugs, and prayers for the u/s and for safe travels.

8. Bobbie And Bubba

I have seen Forrest do the same thing for Bubba! It is adorable.

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks Sandi!

10. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Lots of extra hugs and prayers for you and Forrest today, Bobbie :bighug:. Have a safe ,hopefully peaceful ,trip there and back as well as a good Forrest report :bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Ugh nothing quite like peed on fabrics/upholstery. Grrrr......

Hope all goes well for u and Forrest and vetty. Bubba, surf steady today. Your mom doesn’t need more worries on her plate.
    ❤️❤️❤️

12. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good luck to you and Forrest at the U/S appointment.

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Bubba surfs safely today. Cats have the worst timing. Sending good vetty vines for Forrest and calming prayers for you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  14. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Vetty vines for Forrest. I think he's probably stressed more than retaliating....kitties are way too sweet to do spite!

15. Bobbie And Bubba

We are home! Smooth easy ride and Forrest was a little love about not eating prior and behaved for his transport. He didn't cry at all until I started singing along with Keith Urban :p

Here's the findings in the U/S: The fluid around the kidney is a perinephric pseudocyst , typically associate to chronic renal disease. Nothing to be done about it unless it gets so large and distends his stomach then it can be drained ,but will come back again.

His recent B/W showed one value higher but regular vet said the other ones were fine ( I will need to learn more about renal disease) so she wasn't concerned and knowing that he eats raw food and had just eaten a small meal prior to the BW. So, now we need a complete urinalysis specially for renal. Spec Gravity???

Radiologist said that he might need routine Sub Q fluids, lactulose and or miralax , which I am giving to him since Monday.

The hind leg issue is associated with the straining to birth the very large poop and he did some nerve damage.( I can't remember the term she used but said it happens to cows also. It might heal IF we can keep him moving his poop so he doesn't have to stain and push aggravating that nerve further. The U/S showed he had some fecal matter still. She also said that there is colonic enlargement consistent with constipation.

So, I have a IM appointment back at that hospital for next Tuesday unless my regular vet doesn't feel I need it. Thinking we should finish out the AB in case he does have a UTI or if he does have toxoplasmosis since he showered his food station with urine Saturday night. That was a real statement for him to say, "something isn't right"

Anyone know if Miralax is a bad thing for a cat in kidney insufficiency? If it can be dehydrated are there better choices?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    MJW, Jill & Alex (GA) and Beth 73 like this.
  16. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

All in all, a good report!!! Yay!!!

17. Kris & Teasel

Not bad at all! :)

18. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad there was nothing serious. Do you belong to any CKD groups?

19. Amy&TrixieCat

Decent report!

Trix was on Mirilax almost the whole time she had advanced CKD. In a perfect world, no one would need it, but if a kitty needs it, s/he needs it. I think especially if you do SubQs, you'd be OK with the Mirilax. Some folks do use things like pumpkin, but that's not always as effective, and Trix wouldn't touch it anyway. With Forrest's extreme poop issues, it is a balancing act - but I would keep things moving as best as possible.

20. Bobbie And Bubba

The sub q thing skeeves me out a bit. But I'll have to do what I'll have to do

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  21. Bobbie And Bubba

No , but I will have to join one. Any suggestions?

22. Kris & Teasel

I've seen Tanya's site mentioned on FDMB frequently.

23. Mandy & Rex (GA)

24. Bobbie And Bubba

Good thing I was forced into retirement. ;)

25. Amy&TrixieCat

It's tricky at first, but I'm sure you'll figure out what works best for you and Forrest.

26. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks! I did some exploring there prior to this visit as my research about the fluid around the kidney took me to the very DX the radiologist said and that research said it is common in renal insufficiencies. I was prepared for this.

Shoeskitty-GA likes this.
  27. Bobbie And Bubba

Thank God for Nature's Miracle! It is the best. Good thing the last time I bought some it was a 1/2 gallon size ;)

HWright likes this.
  28. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

@Bobbie And Bubba

There is a group on FB. Can't copy the link because it's a closed group. It's called Feline Chronic Kidney Disease. They seem pretty good.

29. Beth 73

Encouraging news for Forrest !! Bobbie, as far as constipation and kidneys I have always used anything natural first so kidneys had less junk to process . Elmo has had constipation probs for forever . For him I am currently using 2 teaspoons of pumpkin mixed with bit of warm water and then syringe it cos he won’t touch it . I have also used Natural Moves by Pet Alive which I also mix in warm water and syringe down him cos ( sigh:() he won’t touch it either . I am just a bigger fan of natural methods first so as to not tax Elmo’s kidneys any further then move on to allopathic if necessary . But that’s just me :woot: So glad you got good direction and some answers for sweet Forrest .. hope u can put your feet up tonight :bighug:

30. Bobbie And Bubba

Bingo Beth! I was going to PM and ask what you are doing. Forrest will eat the pumpkin, so I will start that back up along with the NM ( which I think he would eat but Bubba wouldn't ) I will have to experiment. Do you do the 2 tsp of pumpkin divided into twice a day or all at one time?

31. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks Paula :bighug:

32. Bobbie And Bubba

@Beth 73 , how much of the Natural Moves do you give a day?

33. Beth 73

I am using the 2t pumpkin currently , ... like u said , sometimes divided and sometimes all at once , depending on what he deposits :rolleyes:. How we have become such keepers of the LB ... makes me wonder what we did with all our free time before , huh :woot: Same with NM , was given by need ... he never seemed to need more than 1/8 of capsule daily but had to syringe cos WOULD NOT eat it in food :banghead: ... when he started running from me and the NM syringe I switched to pumpkin . Prayers for Forrest to poop. with limited coercion and drama !!!!

34. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Forest sounds good.. And Yay for Bubba:D

The whole deal with subq's is warming the fluids, stay calm (as possible) and treats afterwards.

Bobbie And Bubba and Beth 73 like this.
  35. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Bobbie, Olive doesn't have the issue Forrest does but I learned from Smokey to prevent constipation as he was prone to it from poor motility. I give Olive pumpkin in every meal (just what fits on end of butter knife) and 1/8 tsp of miralax in each of the 2 overnight meals (these 2 don't get pumpkin). She goes twice a day and it does take time for her to get it out. It's not dry or hard. She isn't straining but it just doesn't move out quickly. I don't want her to become constipated so I give it every day, not wait until she is.

36. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Allen has CKD and I give him clearlax (miralax) and pumpkin. Clearlax does work by pulling water into the bowel so it's important that you get extra water into Forrest. Be careful with the pumpkin...it helps but can bulk up the stool and it doesn't sound like Forrest needs that!

Sub q fluids.....it's not difficult to do but it all depends on the kitty and, as I found out with Allen, the Bean's level of confidence. We tried and tried to do sub q with Allen and were totally unsuccessful. Finally I advertised on Facebook for a vet tech that could come in to help. She showed me a few tricks but I believe it was her confidence that was really needed....Allen was fine when given fluids by her. 3 visits by her and then DH and I were doing it on our own.

37. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I do the same as Paula when Gizmo needs some help (no pumpkin as he won't eat it) Since he eats out of the timed feeder I just sprinke the (1/8 teaspoon) Miralax evenly between his 3 wet food meals and add a tablespoon of water to the food (not sure if that will work with raw). You can also dissolve the Miralax in a bit if water and syring it (I use a dropper type vs syringe). Start low dose and go slow and give it time.

Did they indicate he was dehydrated?

Many hugs :bighug::bighug:

38. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Miralax works fine with raw. Other natural stuff I use besides pumpkin is ground flax seed and PetWellbeing Smooth BM Gold drops

39. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Hi Bobbie, glad Forrest got at least a reasonably good report!

One of my civvies is on Miralax full-time; he gets 1/8 tsp AM and PM mixed into his food. Because it works by pulling moisture from the system, I also add 2 tbsp warm water to his food. He gets it all the time, not just when I notice a problem, this way he stays problem-free.

I have always heard Tanya's site held up to be the best CKD site to go to.

(((Hugs))) for you and soft scritches for the furry gentlemen! :bighug::cat::bighug::cat::bighug:

40. HWright

Hi Bobbie, glad the day went smoothly and u/s went well.

You and Forrest will get in a rhythm and groove with subq fluids, I’m sure. You have a magic touch.

Yes, I think Tanya’s CKD site is very comprehensive helpful too. Have referred to it often for help.

I haven’t used miralax, but have pumpkin helpful with the tribe. Flax seed powder, too. SEB syrup with George’s AVJ can be helpful in the move the poopies along process.

I may have mentioned awhile ago the story about DH and how ACV diluted in water helped him to get regular during a bout when he asked me go to the store to get some fleet. When I returned with the Fleet, he said NP, everything’s good. :joyful::banghead:

Hope today a good smooth relaxing day for you and your Tribe of two footers and four footers.❤️

41. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

How much ACV?

42. Bobbie And Bubba

I am using 1 tbsp. twice a day. (6 AM and 6 PM But I am not putting the SEB in those feedings, I put the SEB in the next feeding only because the I give Forrest his methamozole at that 6am and 6 pm feeding. So maybe I should be putting them together? @HWright , what do you think?
    At Foodfurlife, Carolin,a told me that the two mixed together to form a thick paste is good for nausea. I did use it together that way a few times.

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  43. HWright

For DH, I put about 2-3 capfuls of Braggs ACV in about 6-8 oz water and he drank it all. To me, it had the kinda sweet smell that comes with diluting ACV. He wasn’t happy about drinking it but was happy an hour later. ;)

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  44. Bobbie And Bubba

Should I be using the AVJ and the SEB in the same dose? I have them split up as of now because of AM and PM meds that need to be giving.

45. HWright

Bobbie :bighug:I’m getting confused ;) but then again I’ve been up with Azalea since 4am.
    Do You mean the combo SEB and avj paste or syrup? If so: Yes I think it is more effective with nausea and soothing to gi than SEB alone in food or avj alone in food. There’s something about the two together that enhances the soothing effect of SEB. I don’t remember the why’s at the moment. The same dose separately from other meds guideline applies with the paste or syrup as applies to the SEB powder.

46. HWright

With Azalea, bc of her conditions, Ive been doing the SEB/AVJ paste or syrup more than the powder in food and dose it more frequently for her bc of her ckd and stomatitis. But it’s essentially before meals/snacks. I could do it after meals but doing it before meals seems to help her appetite/nausea.

Including both SEB and avj also means it’s all together dosing and, I think I mentioned above that the avj with the SEB enhances the SEB somehow,

47. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks Sina! I am sorry you have had a bad night with Azalea. Hugs my friend.

How much water to SEB for AVJ for a syrup? And can I put it in the food like I've been doing?

48. Bobbie And Bubba

+4, =49 and that was 30 minutes after eating to bring him up. Think I am taking him down another 0.1 unit making him .75 tonight.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  49. Mandy & Rex (GA)

You may want to take this to the 3.28 condo....

50. HWright

For the paste I do SEB/AVJ/Water ratio about 1/1/1, adding enough extra water for liquid paste rather than thick gummy coagulation. ;)

Thank you for your :bighug:and ❤️ for Azalea. :bighug:And ❤️ Back at you, too, my friend ❤️:bighug:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.