Bubba 5/28 AMPS =94

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bobbie And Bubba, May 28, 2019.

1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Last Post 5/20

Good Morning L, B, & L ~

I haven't been online since my last post. Things have been busy. Sorry I missed a few tags .

Bubba is doing fine. Still have him on the 0.1 dose. He is tolerating it and despite all green numbers, I am holding for now. He goes to the vets today for well check up and B/W/ A yearly dental is scheduled next Tuesday. After any healing from any possible extractions, and if he is still in green numbers, I will try a trial run with no insulin. He is still enjoying being outside and is busy gathering poison ivy oils to share with Momma :rolleyes:

Vines to all Beans and Kitties in need.

OT:

Forrest: is still having accidents in the house. Sometimes he pees as he is walking and other times, like this morning, he came inside after being outside for a few hours and proceeded to start peeing right at the door. I had picked him up to bring him inside to eat so not sure if I caused pressure somewhere and that he couldn't help it. When I yelled, "stop" he did..... His eating is spotty. I have to pull out a lot of the tricks to get him to maintain his daily caloric intake.

Mom: Is doing well with the Lantus. With humans it is a once a day shot ( at bedtime) I don't quite understand the reasoning but she is still on Januvia and Glipizide morning and night. Her BG have come down significantly! She is still urinating a lot and I still think she has a UTI and should still be on an AB, but her doc doesn't want her back on another one... I started her on D-Mannose at the time of starting insulin. Thought it wouldn't hurt if there was still a UTI.

Will try and catch up with everyone soon.

ETA: @Sienne and Gabby (GA) are you okay? Just saw the news with tornado damage , not sure how close you are to Dayton

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

A lot going on with you keeping track of everyone else. Is anyone keeping track of you?

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sorry u having to go through all this :bighug::bighug: nice start Bubba

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Bubba is doing well. Sending vetty vines. Poor Forrest. Sending prayers. I'm glad your mom is doing well on Lantus and hope the UTI clears up if she has one. Sending prayers.

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Bobbie! :bighug:

I'm glad things are good with Bubba and your mom. I thought of the same suggestion someone posted in your last post about using diapers while in the house. Poor Forrest.

If you look back to 5/25, you will see Rex's anniversary post and a picture. :D

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Hi Bobbie!
    Happy to hear that Bubba is doing well! His ss is beautiful!
    A good friend of mine who is diabetic takes lantus (or it could be lev) at night because it's a slow release so supposedly she doesn't have to worry about going too low while she is sleeping. I know at lunch she takes a fast-acting insulin. I'm not sure about the rest of the daytime although I'm pretty sure there are more than 2 shots each 24 hour period.

7. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

What a nice update ! Bubba is doing so well, at least you don't have to worry for him! :)
    You might be right about Forrest who had an accident after you picked him up!!
    Hope you have a great day and your mom gets better!

8. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Holy cow Bobbie! You've really got your hands full. Good luck at the vet, I hope Bubba's BW is all good news.
    Poor little Forest and poor you, nothing like the smell of Eau de Cat Pee, been there, done that, with one of our other kitties.
    Glad your mom is doing well on the Lantus, she's lucky she has a daughter who's an expert on the stuff. Hopefully the D-Manose will help if she still has a UTI.
    You're an amazing CG to the kitties and your mom but don't forget to take care of yourself too. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Oh what a cute photo! Looks like Siamese twins! 2 years OTJ! What a great milestone! Rex really likes to run low. I remember when he went really low on a 0.1 dose! Keep up the good work Rex :bighug:

I just might have to put a diaper on Forrest. He is averaging every 5 -7 days for an accident. Luckily, he does it in front of me for the most part. And thank God for Nature's Miracle enzymatic cleaner!

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  10. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Been watching you and Bubba... like reading this, what you say :bighug:
    I think he’s going to succeed :D

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  11. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Does Forrest have kidney disease? Have you tried D-Mannose 2 X a day for him? You got a lot going on.Take sometime for yourself! :bighug:

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Forrest does have kidney disease, stage 3. Should I be giving him D-mannose? And how much? Thanks for any input.

13. JoyBee&Ravan

I give Ravan D-Mannose 1/4 teaspoon in water (feeding syringe) 2 X a day. Renadyl 1/2 cap in a spoon of baby food Every morning And Calcitriol twice a week. The Calcitriol you can read about on Tanya's Web site. Last time Ravan's blood work came back good. The Kidney disease was still at stage 2.

14. Bobbie And Bubba

I have capsules of the D-mannose . Is that what you use and measure it? Or can you buy it loose? I will def try it with him! Should I be doing the Calctrol and and Renadyl too? Are they RX?

15. JoyBee&Ravan

I don't know how much is in a cap.I have a jar of it loose. I don't think it tastes like anything .I do NOT like to pill my cats! I just mix it in a teaspoon of water & syringe it.You'd need to read about the Calcitriol & Renadyl. Not everyone agrees with me on that. But I do believe it's helping Ravan!

He was leaking urine everywhere. It would just dribble out of him. I had pee pads wall to wall!! Now he's not! He had a UTI a month ago with blood! Scared the hell out of me. Dr put him on antibiotic but I read antibiotic is used way too much & can cause repeated UTI's.
    I now have him on the D-Mannose for that. It's working good so far.

Sorry I got to run & give the kitties CBD now. I'll get you more info & post it tomorrow :bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba and Sonia & Leo like this.
  16. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

It has a very mild sweetness. I would taste everything I gave Gizmo so I knew. Lol.

Glad mom is doing better, I pray no UTI. Bubba looks great. I hope the D-Mannose helps Forrest.

You sure have your hands full.

:bighug: