Bubba 9/29 AMPS 107

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bobbie And Bubba, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Last Post

Good Morning L,B, and L ~

The numbers are coming down since the deworming. The AMPS still wants to hang in the blues. No more soft poo so hoping his tummy is feeling better. It rained all day yesterday so he was inside much to his displeasure. He is glad to be out today roaming.

OT: After I let him outside this morning at dawn, I glanced out my back window and he was on the edge of my garden. Right beyond the garden is a field and there was a small herd of deer with two young ones. Bubba was staying super still until they ran off. Good boy Bubba. While deer are not violent animals, I have a friend whose father had a pet albino deer enclosed in a fence ( against the law now ) and he was kicked in the head by the deer and it killed him!

Vines to all Beans and Kitties in need.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I like deer, but I also have some fear of them. They are often seen in the courtyards of my condo complex. Years ago one kept following me and a little girl out on the path. I told the little girl to just walk slowly. It was a little unnerving. I have had two other scary experiences with deer when it was pitch black at night and I couldn't see them but could hear them way too close to me. This summer they were hiding their babies in our courtyard, and my neighbor said she saw a doe (with an injured leg) chasing a cat for a long distance. One time for some reason I saw a doe who was fairly far away from us but seemed very frightened of my 11lb cat Ginger. I can only assume her fawn/fawns were close by.
    I'm glad Bubba was staying super still.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Bubba is feeling better. I hope his AMPS comes down soon. Glad Bubba stayed away from the deer.

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Must feel better now worms are gone.

5. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Happy weekend to you & Bubba!:joyful:

6. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Deer are extremely strong.

Glad the boy is enjoying some outdoor time.

Speaking of rain :rolleyes: I hope to catch a break in it to run to Petco later but for now it is thunder and lightning bad. Lost power once and brown outs continue. Made it back from the grocery store just in time (yay).

20180929_103342.jpg

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Happy to see that Bubba's numbers are coming down!

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Yikes! This has been the wettest summer I can ever remember! Gardening was like mud wrestling :rolleyes:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  9. Bobbie And Bubba

I had a really cool experience with a deer years ago with my SIL. She was a vegan at the time so we jokingly said that the deer followed us because he knew she wasn't a carnivore, LOL. This deer followed us down the road as we were walking near my home. We spied it bedded down in my neighbors front yard. At first, I thought it was a statue until she blinked! And she started to follow us! We stopped and she came right up to us and we crotched down to let her sniff us and she was extremely interested in smelling my SIL's hair. I have to admit at first I was scared and thought that she could be rabid with this unusual behavior. My SIL was unusually calm about it, which helped me to not be fearful.

When a car would come down the road, she would hop back into the field and after the car passed she jumped back down onto the road with us and let us pet her some more. Then this tuxedo cat started walking through the field and came out onto the road with us and the deer. She leaned down and gave the cat a kiss! It was apparent that they knew each other. This was like something out of a Disney movie! The next time I went walking that way, I took my camera ( before smart phones with cameras) and I spied her in the same yard. When she saw me, she came galloping over to me and let me pet her again and take lots of photos of her. It was just amazing! I saw the homeowner working in the yard and I yelled out to him inquiring about the deer. He told me she just appeared one day as a fawn without a momma. He thought that the mother must have been hit by a car. She decided to makes his front yard under one of his trees her home. I got all kinds of great close ups photos of Claudine ( the name he assigned her). He loved that she wanted to make his home her home but said the only bummer was that his 150 + tulips were eaten before he could enjoy their blooms. :eek:

Then months later walking past his house, no Claudine. When I saw the homeowner again I asked about her and he said one day she went AWOL. He drove all around calling out her name and asking neighbors if perhaps they saw her dead on the road. Nothing....... then one day. months later he was out in his yard ( a beautiful property with lots of gardens ) working and he felt her behind him sniffing him. He turned to see her now full grown and he was so excited that she was okay and alive. Then she turned away from him and just stared out at the field behind his home. There standing was a large buck. She was telling him she was with him now and had come to tell him she was okay. I still get goose bumps every time I tell this story! It was something I couldn't stop thinking about for weeks!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  10. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Cool story! Thanks for sharing it :bighug:

11. JoyBee&Ravan

Amazing story about the deer. I love stuff like that! But it got me crying. (everything gets me crying lately!):arghh::rolleyes:

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Join the club! I am a very emotional person. I use to hide it; I embrace it now and am proud that I feel things that move me. Who wants to be a flat-liner ??, LOL

ETA: And I had tears just writing about it! It is a really cool story. I wrote about it in an English Comp Class that I took as an adult and the instructor read my paper to the class. :)

13. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Oh what a wonderful thing! I just love deer and totally abhor hunting! Thank you for telling this story!

14. JoyBee&Ravan

My emotions get me in trouble all the time. It prompts me to speak my voice & say what I believe. Not many people want to hear it. My son tells me,Mom people don't want the truth, they only want to hear good things!

At 72 I I'm more outspoken than ever, & it definitely doesn't make me popular with a lot of people! :oops:

15. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Another one here in tears about Claudine.

Good boy to stay away from the deer, though, Bubba. And nice numbers!:D