Bubba AM 101

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bobbie And Bubba, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Bubba 11.15.15

Good Morning L & L ~

Bubba had an early mini meal this AM as I woke up and gave it at +7.5 instead of + 8.5

Wondering if I should fatten up the .50 units as the lowest he's gone is 70 and that was 4 cycles ago. Am I being impatient or good idea ?

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about increasing the dose. It looks like you'll see more green today. Maybe wait and see how low he goes today and then decide.

3. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Bubba is doing well on this dose. If you are not in a hurry for him to earn a reduction just yet, you could leave this dose for another cycle or two.

4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

He seems to be trending down to me, his ss is getting greener as he is working the dose, I might be tempted to hold him at the 0.5u for a little longer, giving him a little more time to see if he continues to trend down. Then if he doesn't maybe fatten it up then.

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Whatever was up with him from the 9th to the 12th seems to be working itself out of his system. I agree on holding this dose for another day or two to see if he doesn't continue to work his way down.

6. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

101 is still a good number; I would leave his dose as is!
    Is Bubba still grounded?

7. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I wouldn't change the dose at this point either. He's been looking better every day! Keep it green Bubba :D

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks everyone, it's unaminous then, I am holding this for a few more cycles. Yes, @Judy and Boomer he is still grounded as long as he's on the juice. He is definitely feeling better as he wanted out so badly today and when I went to pick him up to give his shot to him after breakfast, he growled at me.........:nailbiting:

9. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

Lol Lincoln growled at me yesterday after i did my hair... wasnt sure if it was the smell of the gel or how curly it was and he is used to it all in a bun... be nice to your bean Bubba she is only doing what she needs to to get you better once again.... if you kick this juice habit she would let you back out to play once more... hope you both have a great day :bighug::bighug:

10. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

That's not a very nice thing to do to your bean, Bubba! Better behave yourself if you want go mouse hunting again in the near future.

11. Bobbie And Bubba

That's funny! Bet he likes bun! ;)

12. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Bubba, no amount of growling is going to make those keys jangle and the door open..not nice to talk to your mama Bean that way!
    Work that juice buddy!!

Hugs Bobbie, hoping he works that dose so you don't have to keep squinting!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  13. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Oh my growling at the beans who feeds you. I don't think that's appropriate Bubba. A refresher in manners sound like it's in order.

Nice start. Heading for the lagoon.

14. Gill & George

Was it a growl or more of a Pirate aaaaargh!!!!:p:p:p

(sorry, BFG did that to me a couple of times when he was close to getting OTJ:rolleyes: I know it's not nice)
    Be a good boy BUBS!!

15. Bobbie And Bubba

OT: Just got a call from the Vet from Forrest BW done on Monday to see how the methimaole is controlling his hyper T . I listened to @Marje and Gracie and did not give him 1/2 tab of 5 mg. but, gave 1/4 of a tab or 1.25 mg. His levels are 2.8 which are right in the middle of the the normal range! We will keep this dose and recheck in 6 months. Thanks Marje :kiss: and I am so glad that I listened to you in light of the fact that he was just over the normal range when we caught it.

16. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Good news on Forrest!

17. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great report for Forrest. :):):)

18. Bobbie And Bubba

Hey, Paula, is PJ male or female? I think I missed the unveiling......

19. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

Recognize the pattern :(

Nice to have the level of ?? in the middle, less to have the GL at current state, sorry for this.

Bit late you'd say but I'd keep the dose as is for a little time. Once you get
    one green at one preshot or the other it would mean system start to understand
    the way to go. We don't know if it's hormonal, infection or whatever else.
    With haft green you'll know hormone are fine, they need a little bit of help.

Hope it's going better with you sinusitis and that Bubba will follow track
    on you.

Keep on Bobbie, OTJ one day, OTJ will come back.

20. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Good news for Forrest !!
    Continued prayers for bubba :bighug:

21. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Great news!!! You're welcome! No side effects? Be sure that dose is ok with your vet.

22. Olive & Paula

20161114_151419_kindlephoto-80931472.jpg

23. Bobbie And Bubba

Nope no side effects and the vet said the 1/4 tab or 1.25 mg is just fine for now ( I told him I only gave a 1/4 of the tab) and we will retest in months . White count is fine, Creatinine went down from to 2.3 to 1.9 but said that it was still in the normal range. The BUN climbed a little up to 53 but has not changed much since the start of the thyroid med and we will be watching that. So glad that you guided me on going lower and slower.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  24. Bobbie And Bubba

AH!!!!! I stand corrected! And what an adorable unveiling!!!!!

ETA: She is just a puff of adorableness!!!

25. Olive & Paula

Any other time you can find pink all over the place. I couldn't find a pink clip or little bow that would fit on her head.

26. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I don't know one single cat that has not had a reaction to the methimazole/tapazole/felimazole at the normal starting dose of 2.5mg bid. Yes, my "sample size" is small.....maybe 15 cats and some of them did end up needing that dose but the side effects were so bad, they had to stop the drug, give them a couple weeks off, and then start at a lower dose and build up. I'm glad the lower dose is working. IMG_0622.GIF IMG_0622.GIF

27. Gill & George

Paula!! Pj is just adorable!!!! I just want to bury my face in that soft fur. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

(Sorry Bobbie for hijacking your thread, I just couldn't help myself)

28. Bobbie And Bubba

Me too, no apologies necessary :)

Gill & George likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.