Bubba AMPS 142 +3.75-120

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bobbie And Bubba, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

12/10

Good Morning L, B,& L ~

Quick update, numbers are starting to come down after no more FSs , an increase, and I stopped the steroid ear drops and started using Zymox on Tuesday night. His ears look better, but the skin around his ears, neck and back of head continue to itch him. We had a first green last night after 5 days!

I took chicken out of the rotation and he is only getting pork. Also, I stopped the Florastor probiotic yesterday since it is a yeast probiotic and his problem is yeast. After some research, a rash and itching can be an allergic reaction from S. Boulardii. Fingers crossed that we can get to the bottom of things. As of present he is only getting plain pork and no EZC to allow his body to reset and also because there is chicken livers and egg yolk in the formula. When the skin clears up, I will add back the EZC to see how things go.

OT: My mom fell on Wednesday night and hit her head. Being on blood thinners makes it scary. Luckily she broke nothing and is so far doing fine. Big knot on her head that got iced and Arnica on it immediately. No Bruise! Arnica is amazing!

Hope to get around to some condos tonight.

Vines to Beans and Kitties in need.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  2. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Sending prayers for you and your momma, Bobbie ❤️ Glad she didn’t break anything . We are hoping and praying my brother will keep his word and move in with our 96 year old mom who is failing a little . Wish we could get her to move here with us but that is a definite NO from her. Hard to respect their wishes AND keep them safe . I know you know ❤️ Sending prayers :bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

And yes, Arnica is amazing !!

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you Mom is ok!

Good luck in finding the culprit for Bubba's ear.

Yeah for green!

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Not sure if the Florastor was the culprit or not, but time will tell. Fingers and paws crossed.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  6. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Yes, it is! I think you were the one who suggested it to me when I fell on the ice a few years back and it has become my go-to for bumps and bruises.

Sorry to hear about your mom. That must have been really scary!

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your mom is ok Bobbie!
    What is this Arnica?

8. Bobbie And Bubba

I use it in a cream called T-Relief. It has arnica and other herbs in it. You can get it in cream or gel form. Here is the phone number off the back of my tube. I get mine from my chiropractor.

1-844-633-4628

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Oh my. Your poor mom. Glad nothing was broke. A hit on the head is bad enough. It's so hard as much as we try to keep them safe. Lately at the facility at least one fall a week. Because residents aren't using their walkers or have shoes/slippers on. Even my dad will walk around his room and not use walker. They think a few steps are okay and then they are down.

10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I saw some in a pharmacy by me. I have to pick some up next time.

11. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

So glad that your mom was not hurt worse than she is! Hope the new stuff clears Bubba's ears up completely!

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad your mom is okay. It's good to hear Bubba's ears look better and he gave you some green.

13. Bobbie And Bubba

Beth, I hope your brother keeps his promise too. It is very hard when you are far away....... It is amazing that your mom is still living on her own! I hope that she has a First Alert type device in case she falls. Prayers back to you! :bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  14. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

That is very scary, being on a coumadin-type med and falling can have bad consequences. Your mom is one tough cookie :)

Beth 73 and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  15. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

Your mom's fall must have been frightening for all of you. I do hope that she'll recover from it. Head bumps are nothing to take lifhtly, as you know.

You still have so much going on, I do hope you can catch a break. Bubba, keep those numbers coming down, but not too far down! Your momma needs to catch her breath! ❤