Buddy 2/25 AMPS 155...trying to get back in the swing of things

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly and Buddy, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Previous Post

Buddy and I are trying to get back into our routine of posting. I read many of your comments and it took a good week before I could even log on without tearing up. :( After the cancer diagnosis, it seems like a thousand other things happened in life (including being in the middle of a not so amicable divorce) and I have had a hard time completely accepting that road ahead of Buddy is short. Fortunately, Buddy is still doing well. I have switched to a highly recommended vet that is much closer (compared to the 45 minute drive to my previous vet).

The vet's recommendation was to stay the course, with no treatment at all, until Buddy begins to show some symptoms of the cancer. So far, other than the mass in his neck, you would never know he had lymphoma. I have struggled with whether or not this is the right decision but given how difficult he has been to regulate, I also have serious concerns about adding steroids to his daily regimen.

I hope all you and your fur-babies are doing well. I am anxious to jump off here and read some of your posts and catch up on everyone.

For those of you that know Buddy, here's a picture I took a few days ago. My microwave is up high (top is about 6 feet high) but that didn't stop Buddy from getting up there, checking out what was in the cabinet and then finding himself disappointed that he couldn't open the microwave! Needless to say, lymphoma has not been able to touch his crazy hunger drive!

Buddy - Feed Me.jpg

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Kelly! I am so happy to hear from you and it sure looks like the cancer is not slowing Buddy down at all. I am so sorry about the divorce. It is certainly a very trying time to say the least from one who knows. A friend once said to me at the start of my divorce process, " You aren't going to be packing a picnic lunch for this event". That said it mildly.

I am glad you found a new closer vet to take care of Buddy. I don't know anything about lymphoma and I would probably do the same thing as you and waiting until there are symptoms.

Sending you and Buddy lots of vines :bighug::bighug::bighug: