? Buddy 2/27 AMPS 251, PMPS 145 , +2.5 46, 39 - Dose advice??

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly and Buddy, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Well, didn't expect this low of a number so I'm asking for your thoughts? Drop back to 1 since he went pretty low the other night on 1.25. Or, do I need to do a larger reduction? He also through a similarly low number two mornings ago.

Stalling for now...hope to hear from some experts. I will be around to monitor tonight.

UPDATE: Went ahead and gave injection with a reduced dose of 1 unit. Hoping that it doesn't drop my boy too low.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Kelly, sorry no one was on to help you at shot time. I think you did the right thing to reduce since you can't monitor during the day. It seems that kitties that have different cancers start to need less insulin. On the 24tjh AM you reduced back after only 3 cycle of 1.25 and he gave you a green that PM. Let's see how this dose goes.

Kelly and Buddy likes this.
  3. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

So, Buddy just threw me a 46 and a 39 at about +2.75. Yikes!! I wanted him to visit the lagoon but didn't want him to swim to the bottom!!!Pretty sure that is his lowest ever. No symptoms; acting his rotten self. Just fed him his +3 meal (40 grams for Friskies); will retest in 10 more minutes.

Need advice on dosing for tomorrow since I will be gone for at least 10 hours (but I do have a timed feeder that I use every day). Do I reduce again? By how much? Arghhh...if it isn't one curve ball, it's another. @Bobbie And Bubba @Wendy&Neko @Sue and Luci or any others that happen to read this!!

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

SLGS says to reduce again by 0.25 units, and it makes sense given Buddy’s circumstances. Hard to say if you need to do more at this point. He may bounce and make the decision easy.

5. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Thanks, Wendy and I agree about the possible bounce. I hate to say I'm hoping for a high number but it certainly gives peace of mind when having to shoot and leave.

6. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Good luck with the reducie.

I just looked at the ss, there's something odd with the dates, on the ss you have 2/26 against today's dates 2/27??:confused:

7. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Good eye, Gill! I don't know how I managed that. I think it's where I skipped a few entries and then got off track back on the 23rd. It is all corrected now!! Glad you caught it. :)

Gill & George likes this.
  8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I think you meant dose "decreases" on your spreadsheet.

9. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Geez, I need to clear my mind of some clutter. Glad you all are keeping me (and the spreadsheet) straight!! :)

10. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member