Buddy 2/3 AMPS 312, +4 197

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly and Buddy, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Previous Post

Those who know Buddy will be shocked to know that, in the 2 minutes I left the room, he bullied my dog away from her bowl and was chowing down on her dry kibble when I walked back in. :banghead::banghead::banghead: Hoping that explains his high numbers last night and today.

He was put on Clavamox yesterday but from what I've read on other posts here, that should not affect his BG. Fingers crossed we see some better blues tonight.

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Well, I know that little guy - and I'm not shocked at all - he knows a carb when he sees one. :facepalm:

I'm sorry that he keeps insisting on finding contraband though...bad kitty :(

Kinda reminds me of my mother in law - may she rest in peace - had very brittle diabetes - but refused to give up desserts/sugar. Very very stubborn and flatly refused to give up foods that were going to kill her. Told us she would 'die happy' before she'd give it up. We used to routinely find cookies, candy and other contraband hidden in her room at the assisted living center. You've got a battle on your hands with Buddy.

Hang in there Kelly...you're doing the best you can. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Clavamox shouldn't _directly_ affect the BG, however it can often reduce their appetite (or even cause vomiting), which of course can then cause lower than expected BG. So just keep your eyes open to make sure that the food intake amount is normal and there isn't any vomiting, and if there is then be sure to do extra testing to make sure he doesn't go lower than normal.

And no, I am never surprised at the food habits of an orange boy even though I don't know Buddy. Orange boys are like little bottomless pits in my experience! What a cutie your Buddy is :kiss:

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh Buddy! Why am I not shocked! Get your dog some assertiveness training, LOL! :p

Kelly and Buddy likes this.
  5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Very nice blue +4

6. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

:woot: :eek: :cat: