? Buying ReliOn Test Strips - They're Locked Up

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Casey Warner, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casey Warner

Casey Warner Member

This is kind of stupid. Since Brownie's diabetes diagnosis a month ago, I've been buying the boxes of 50 test strips. This time I'm going to buy the box of 100 strips since they're a better deal, but I noticed they're locked up in a little clear plastic box on the shelf. Does anyone know if I'm supposed to take the box to the pharmacy or if I can take it to a regular checkout?

I can't ask in the store because I can never understand any of the people who work there. Everyone I've spoken to have thick foreign accents and I can barely make out 10% of what they say. It's very awkward. Then there's the issue of all the regular checkout lines always being super long. I always have to use self-checkout and then hope it's faster to flag down an employee to unlock the machine when I buy any diabetes product (they trigger a "cannot return item" message). Anyways, I figure someone here should know where I can pay for the strips that are locked in the clear box.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You can take it to the regular checkout.....all the checkers are supposed to have a little tool that "unlocks" the plastic box

If you go thru the self-checkout, you'll have to make sure they see it's in a lock-box when they come to clear the "can't be returned" message

3. Casey Warner

Casey Warner Member

Thanks! That makes me feel so much better. :)

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Either. You can usually check out at the pharmacy counter.

5. Mom2Maverick

Mom2Maverick Member

I like to buy a few at a time from walmart.com.

6. Beck

Beck Member

If you want to avoid the human interaction altogether, you can buy them from Ebay. They're oddly cheaper there too. The only concern might be if you live in a hot climate. I don't know if the test strips would be damaged.

7. Mags920

Mags920 Member

They are in those boxes because they are a high theft item in that area, why I couldn't tell you. The 1st Walmart I went to they were in the security boxes, the Walmart I work in they aren't. As previous posters said all checkouts should have the "key" to open the box.

8. Marie&HerCats RUSTY

Marie&HerCats RUSTY Member

I buy at pharmacy at walmart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.