Can my Autumn have your prayers please?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Debra & CB (GA) & Gang, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debra & CB (GA) & Gang

Debra & CB (GA) & Gang Member

Remember the 5 kittens and the momma maine coon I was recently gifted (by someone who abandoned her)? Well, her kittens are now 8 weeks old, and two went to their forever home in Virginia. We've decided to keep the 3 remaining kittens and have named them Bruiser (the only boy in the litter), Heidi (a glorious little calico), and Autumn (a beautiful little tortie without the typical tortie cattitude). We had a potential home for the momma kitty (now named Lady), but that's fallen through, so once all the kittens are removed from her I'll be getting her spayed, will let her recover in my porch, and then hopefully we'll be able to slowly introduce her to life inside!

Anyway, back to Autumn. I noticed that Sunday Autumn seemed a bit down. She ate ok, and would play, but not with her usual gusto. I thought that maybe she was just missing her two sister (they left Saturday) so I wasn't too concerned. Monday Autumn was about the same as she was on Sunday. But yesterday she took a turn for the worse.....a lot of congestion, no appetite at all, high fever. I took her in to my vet along with her siblings, and the vet found that Autumn had 103.8F! She was hospitalized for the day, received sub-q fluids, antibiotics, and since her eyes were tearing a lot terramyacin eye ointment. They monitored her fever all day, and once it broke she started feeling better, even played a bit with the vet. They released her yesterday late afternoon and I brought her home. She ate a little bit, walked around a little, but for the most part she slept. This morning she had high fever again, 104F! I took her back to the vet and they gave her some more sub-q fluids, antibiotics and such, and they've decided to keep her overnight so that they can monitor her closely. Thankfully Dr. K lives right next door to her clinic! Momma (Lady) is neg all the way around, kittens were tested and are also neg. There is a feral cat that comes around here, although NEVER allowed in my porch, that has some sort of upper respiratory infection and we think that this is what's kicking Autumn's behind. Bruiser and Heidi seem quite well, playing, eating, drinking, peeing and pooping all normal for active 8 week olds. Autumn, however, is the runt of the litter, so perhaps that is why she's having such a hard time right now. We can't treat the feral cat, this cat would remove our faces if we even so much as try to touch it. But, oddly enough, my dog can approach this cat very easily. And then when we come inside of course we walk through the porch........so Dr. K thinks it's possible that my drooler brought this virus in and Autumn got it that way.

Sorry for this long story.......but if you could please send your healing prayers/thoughts to my very sweet little Autumn we will certainly appreciate it. This little girl has touched my heart in a very special way, and I'd love to see her back healthy again! Thanks!

2. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Prayers for Autumn coming from here.

3. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

awww poor baby. get well prayers for little Autumn

((Debra))

4. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

Prayers for Autumn being sent her way.

5. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Dear Debra,
    Sending lots of thoughts and prayers for your sweet little Autumn, and also the other kitties, so that they don't catch what she has.

Sure hope she will be well very soon. Such a tiny little thing, and I do so love torties (my Ketchie girl is a tortie, but she does have the tortie attitude since she was born).

Take care! Lots of Hugs,
    Jean and Charcoal (GA)

6. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

prayers and healing wishes being sent for autumn.

please let us know how she is in the am !

7. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Of course, crossing all paws for Autumn (((((((((((((((DEBRA))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

8. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

I hope your little girl makes a big turnaround right away and feels better soon. Sending lots and lots of healing prayers and vibes her way.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

9. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Many prayers for Autumn. Has she recently been vaccinated? It could be a severe reaction to that.

10. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Adding my prayers for sweet little Autumn. Hope she is better soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.