? Can someone help me double check the calcs for this food?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by PiePie, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiePie

PiePie Member

According to the food chart, Iams Purrfect Delights Winner Winner Chicken Dinner is only 2 carbs. Oddly everything else in that group is much higher. I've been feeding this for a few days and just got a PMPS of 514, which is the highest yet. Anyway, can someone help make sure this food is OK?
    Here's the link to the Iams website: https://www.iams.com/cat-food/purrfect-delights-chicken-dinner-flaked-in-sauce

Crude Protein, minimum 10.0%
    Crude Fat, minimum 3.0%
    Crude Fiber, maximum 3.0%
    Moisture, maximum 83.0%
    Ash, maximum 3.5%
    Taurine, minimum 0.05%

Without the Taurine this comes to 102.5%, which can't be possible, so then how do I even do the conversion to dry matter?

2. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

there's modified starch in that food, maybe that is what is raising your cat's BG??
    on chart is says 2% carb for this food, on caculator i use, it says -2.5% (-15% for dry matter??) and on catfood database place it says 0%.
    confusing but, those are not as fed numbers so to get correct info, you would need to contact company i think.
    chicken and fish canned foods are usually very low in carbs so it probably is close to 0%.

3. PiePie

PiePie Member

Thanks. I'll try them back on the Fancy Feast and YA tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.