can Zeniquine hurt my cat?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by George&Bert, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George&Bert

George&Bert Member

Bert has been suffering from a very bad soemthing or other in his throat (an ugly mass) the doc calls EG.

Bert has been on Clav for ten days and now Clindamycin for ten days and no help at all. The vet was supposed to call and give me permission to give him the 25mg tabs of ZQ I just got. Bert is miserable and suffering.

Do I give the ZQ ? Or do I wait to get a hold of the doc?

2. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

3. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

I would wait to speak to the doctor, personally, as s/he would know if there was some contraindication. Besides that, it does not sound like antibiotics are going to be the solution here -- he needs a workup asap, as we talked about in your other post. So since the Zeniquin isn't an immediate lifesaving measure, I'd have the vet weigh in on its usefulness. Remember, every time you give antibiotics to your cat you're helping bacteria become drug-resistant so if they aren't going to help, don't use 'em.

PS You mention Bert is miserable. If you mean that he is having trouble breathing, he needs to go to the ER asap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.