Canada--.5U marked syringes?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Venita, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

The foster Mum for Sambo, DCIN's latest adoptable diabetic cat, is looking for a source for U100 syringes with half-unit markings. I know Hocks does not ship to Canada. Can anyone recommend a source?

If no Canadian source, is there a problem with customs with me shipping some in?

Thanks!!

V

2. Kim 'n Shadow

Kim 'n Shadow Well-Known Member

I don't know if they have Walgreens in Canada but that's where I get mine.

3. Michele And Kelly

Michele And Kelly New Member

Most pharmacies should have the BD brand (no prescription needed). I usually buy mine at Shoppers Drug Mart. Have also bought them at Metro grocery store pharmacy. I ask for 3/10cc size 31 short with half-unit marking (light mauve box) at the dispensing counter. Cost around $30-31 per 100. Should add I am in southwestern Ontario.

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

They always have stock at almost all the Shopper's Drug Mart. Get an Optimum Card and earn points - after a few months, I have enough points to get my 5-pack of Lev FREE.
    If you go to one SDM and they are out of stock, ask when they will be stocked then just go to another SDM. I have also got some at Walmart.

Pretty much any pharmacy is likely to carry them.

5. drp

drp New Member

6. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

You can get them either at shoppers drug mart, or at costco; now costco is only a couple of dollars cheaper. You do not need a membership if you are shopping only at the pharmacy, but you will have to tell the person at the door that you need to go to the pharmacy only. We only have the one type, that is the BD short needle, and it is in the same purple box that the 1 unit syringes come in, but says new. So make sure there is a yellow sort of banner on the box that says new.
    Dana

7. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

All drug stores here carry BD, which has the half unit markings. I got mine at either Shoppers or WalMart.

Just make absolutely sure you look carefully at the box and don't pick up (or be given) the half cc ones instead! That happened to me enough times that I always had to take that extra second and check the box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.