Caninsulin question nearing remission (for Paillette's Gribouille)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Steph & Quintus & L & O, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

Hi! I have a question regarding a cat from the French facebook group I manage. Gribouille is on Caninsulin. His owner Paillette recently started testing. A few days ago she started getting under-200 values and didn't shoot. And then got green. And hasn't shot since. But Gribouille seems to be going up in the low 200s, then coming back down after eating, etc.

We think Gribouille still needs some insulin. I recommended Paillette give him 0.25 tonight and do some tests (she's still not super comfy with tests and not completely clear about how insulin acts).

Here's Gribouille's spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ERIAmKTD5lG5TZdKEKk_sLhUr6akw8#gid=1408451040

What do you think? Would you go with 0.25 too, or 0.5? Would you wait it out despite the higher numbers?

Paillette also reports Gribouille is eating more since she stopped insulin.

Thanks for your help!

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'd start with 0.25 u for a few days to see how that goes. It can always be increased if needed.

3. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

Thanks! And now, as she's getting preshot numbers under 200... how low would we say is OK to shoot? That's my unknown at this stage. Try 150?

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

She could try 150 IF she tests at +2 to see what kitty is doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.