Can’t catch s break

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lisa and little, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

just found blood in poop in my litter box. Don’t know if it’s Little or my 16 yr old beauty Molly. Obviously I will play dick Tracy tonight and see if I can figure out who it belongs to. The question - is this cause for immediate alarm regardless of whose it is? I literally just booked a long weekend next week today thinking Little was in a good enough place that I won’t freak out. Now this :banghead::banghead:

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Oh no Lisa! I don't know enough about this to really give good info. Is it bright red blood? Is there a lot of it? How are the kitties acting?

I'd probably post out on Health too. You'll get more eyes there and most likely someone will have had the same issue.

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Did a quick search and it looks like bright red blood isn't as worrisome as tarry, black blood. That can indicate something more serious. It could also be worms, apparently a lot of cats get dewormed when this happens.

4. Lisa and little

Bright red and sort of diarrhea... molly has been eating the dried plant lately. I checked both their butt holes and couldn’t find evidence. I grabbed and bagged the sample and will call the vet in the Am. It never ends

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Bright red blood is less alarming as Rachel said. It can be from irritation of the rectum/anus if kitty is constipated or has diarrhea.

6. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Sam has occasionally had a little bit of bright red blood when his IBD is acting up and he's had diarrhea. It has always gone away when his gut settles back down. I did take him and a sample to the vet the first time it happened though, just to be sure he was okay.

7. Lisa and little

I have the sample ready to go when vet opens. What don’t hey test it for? Seems to my only parasites which would be a stretch. I’m wondering even though I switched her food months ago if maybe she doesn’t respond well. Her usual protein source was always turkey and I switched to a beef due to carbs... going back to turkey today a few more carbs but...

8. Djamila

I think they just tested for parasites and worms. IBD is a pretty common thing in our diabetic cats, so it could just be that Little has a touch of it too. As long as I keep Sam on a probiotic and good food, it isn't much of a problem. He'll sometimes flare up for a day or two, but it settles right down now. Used to be a much bigger problem.

As for the food, a regular diet of beef isn't great for them, so I hopefully the turkey will work out okay.

9. Lisa and little

Still have to play sleuth to figure out which one it is!! I actually don’t think it’s Littel

10. Djamila

How's the poop mystery going?

11. Lisa and little

Well so far only one poop today and it was not able to be effectively dissected for content that said I gave my older girl whom I believe to be the culprit.. turkey for her dinner. She hoovered it like she used to. Maybe her body knew the beef entree she was getting for the last 2 months was not working for her ... kinda like when we have allergies we are not usually attracted to that which we are allergic. Any way I will container poop patrol. I already got off the couch 4 times in the last hour to find nothing... no “poop” for you!! Now if you get that last comment I’ll know how old you are LOL

12. Lisa and little

Attached Files:

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  13. Lisa and little

What is it with these guys and sinks??

14. Djamila

:joyful::smuggrin::p

I do get that last comment.

15. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

HAha I get that last comment too!

Well let's hope the poop mystery was a one time thing!