Cassie 6/25 AMPS 320. She threw up and won't eat.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Abby and Cassie, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

Previous post

She's been throwing up so much. Today was really unfortunate because we had to go somewhere in an emergency so I stupidly gave insulin before I saw her finish her food. But she's been finishing it decently for the last few days so I wasn't worried. When I got home she hadn't eaten much and then she got up and threw up what she had. I'm freaking out. I don't know what's wrong. I have mirataz that the doctor recommended I give her after her surgery so I gave her some now. She ate a little of her HC fancy feast but she's acting lethargic. I originally thought anemia but what if this is pancreatitis? I can't afford to take her in for it, if it requires a hospital stay for a few days. I'm going to let the vet know and see what they recommend.

2. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

She rested for a bit and then she ate a bit of her HC food and some of her LC food. I'm not sure if mirataz kicks in that fast but I hope she'll be okay.

In her defense, who wants to eat right after puking? I wish I knew why she keeps puking in the mornings.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Cerenia is a better option for vomiting, ondansetron also helps with nausea. Ideally you don't want to give an appetite stimulant to a nauseous cat, or they will develop food aversions.

How much food are you feeding at once? Any chance it's a scarf and barf? Maybe just little amounts at once?

Pancreatitis doesn't require a hospital stay for most cases. A Primer On Pancreatitis

Any chance of a mid cycle test so we can see what's happening and whether it's blood sugar related?

4. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

I'll look into getting those, I think she could just be nauseous because she stumbled a little earlier when she walked. I give her half a can of friskies pate at once, and always have! Maybe as she's getting older and with her dental surgery though, that needs to change.

I can try and get a test here in a little bit, but she ate her HC food and the rest of her LC food so I'm not sure how accurate it will be. :(

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Also a sign of a hypo - might be worth a test.

Abby and Cassie likes this.