Cat feels damp

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Biskey, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Biskey

Biskey New Member

I have researched internet says cats only sweat in palms but ever since she has started on insulin and new food she has been felling wet/clammy some days. Is that just what an oily coat feels like? is this to be expected from either her diabetes or her diet change?

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Diabetes makes her coat greasy which, in turn, can make her feel 'clammy'. She also likely has bad dandruff. When she's better regulated or at least on insulin longer and able to properly use the food she eats, that will change.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Try putting a little cornstarch to soak up the extra oil.... Then comb out as much As you can

4. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Omg!! I can’t believe you said that. I had this issue with Little a while back and googled the heck out of it. It eventually went away but I thought I was nuts. Looking back now- she was on too high a dose. Wondering what @Djamila and @Kris & Teasel think.

5. Asiina & Alex(GA)

Asiina & Alex(GA) Member

I have this too! Alex often will feel damp and I'll think he was just grooming, but he'll come out of his carrier that he sleeps in and will just be wet.

6. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Huh. Honestly never heard of that. Oh these poor kitties...it's always something, isn't it? Good to know!

7. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it’s not just me. I totally thought I was crazy. I wonder what it’s from..