Cat puking 2-3x/wk

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Zoeycat84, Oct 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoeycat84

Zoeycat84 Member

So bit of a back story about my cat. He's been in remission for approx. 2-3 months (was diagnosed with diabetes in late may). He has been on a diet of half dry/half wet food all of his life but I promptly switched to an all wet food diet (FF Chicken Pate) after his diagnosis. We went to the vet recently to have his anal glands expressed and while he was there they did a physical exam which all came back normal. They couldn't do a psychological exam because he needed to be sedated. For the past couple of months however he pukes 2-3 times a week. Is it possible the FF chicken is causing it? I always thought chicken was pretty neutral though. Like I said he's not used to all canned food. But I'd think he'd have adjusted by now. Not sure what else could be the problem.

2. Lillie

Lillie Member

Was his previous wet food chicken? My cat (has IBD) cannot eat any chicken at all and will throw up if he does. Actually any change in diet can cause digestive issues unless it's done very slowly. Maybe the change was too quick? Throwing up 2-3x a week is not normal so something is definitely bothering his GI tract. You could try another brand of low carb wet and see what happens.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Fancy feast chicken contains fish. That could be a problem but since it’s twice a week I’m not sure it’s the food.

4. Zoeycat84

Zoeycat84 Member

Uh oh...I'll try changing his food. Hopefully that will solve the issue. Hope it's not anything bad. This cat has me so anxious. I don't know if we can handle a other vet visit. Going to the vet is such an ordeal, my cat turns into a feral maniac lol. Seriously thoughit's so stressful (for us both!)

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

The fancy feast turkey and giblets and liver and chicken don’t contain fish.

Zoeycat84 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.