CBD oil

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Roops, Jul 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roops

Roops Member

Just wondering if anyone has ever used CBD oil for their cat.
    Looked briefly for a thread but couldn't see any.
    We have a bottle. My son gave it to us.
    It was given to him for his dog.
    It is Hempworx 250. Natural Bacon Flavor.
    Roops has neuropathy.
    We don't want to give him something that will make it worse for him.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I believe several members use it. HERES one thread

Roops likes this.
  3. racn1320

racn1320 Member

I do for my cats arthritis, I cant tell really that it helps,only makes her drink more

4. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

I have no experience with CBD oil, but Gabapentin has made a significant difference in Willow's comfort (she has neuropathy). Available from vet, I crush the tablet and mix the powder in her food, it seems to be tasteless. You can get it compounded in flavor tabs as well.
    Also, she gets zobaline, but not for pain...It's supposed to help with nerve regeneration.

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I get the human 100mg capsules of gabapentin from a pharmacy and either divide then to proper dose and mix with food or put into a gelcap.

6. Roops

Roops Member

I tried the CBD oil. Gave it to him once yesterday (few drops) and today. Yesterday we thought he had the munchies. Today he has been lethargic. BS reading high tonight. Not sure if I will be trying it again. Can Gabaepentin be bought from the pharmacy without prescription? We haven't found the vet clinic we have taken our cat to that receptive to most things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.