Celi---How is Binks doing?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Venita, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I see from his spreadsheet that most things Binks are going well, but we haven't heard from you. Is that unassuming boy Binks keeping you from reporting his progress??

2. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Binks seems to be doing really well...seeing some response from the Lantus, 2 days of surfing the yellow and 1 banner day of surfing the blue. Starting next week we will have additional eyes as he will be checking in with his vet, but there is no doubt that his progress is due to the help from DCIN and the helpful guidance we've been getting on the FDMB. He is currently at 1.75 u lantus BiD, and the action really started when we went to that dose. Doing a little more research on methyl B-12, but looking for input from anyone who is currently using it. i'd like to get going on it to help out with his wonky legs. We post multiple times daily on the lantus forum, and always get a lot of great guidance and advice (and laughs) from the members. I havent visited the main forum but once since starting Lantus...but the computer is working well and I'm more comfortable with my navigational skills than before, so i'll start checking in there regularly.

All the P's are in place with him, including now, the extra "P"...party! he has taken his replica pair over ruby slippers to a party for ginger when her bean and cat-pal JD were away...much dancing is said to have taken place...if anyone needs cheering up, they should check out Dyana and JD's post in Lantus. it's fall-down funny.

I can't express to you how deeply we appreciate the help you, Venita & DCIN; and the folks on the lantus forum have so generously given us...
    and Binks seems to really be heading in the right direction. he will be working on a new feeding schedule once we have a better idea of his curve.

No matter what further progress we may make, to me, this is already a success story...and i look forward to seeing how much better it gets for my guy!

Heartfelt thanks to all of you, and we will visit you on the main forum regularly-

Celi & Binks
    http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23686

3. mybuddybinks

4. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

What a glowing update. I am so glad you and Binks have found a soft place to land in the Lantus ISG. Thanks for updating us.

I used Methyl B-12 when my first diabetic Maxwell was having neuropathy problems. The neuropathy improved, but I can't say whether it was the Methyl B-12 or just the fact of getting him regulated and into remission. My philosophy at the time was "it can't hurt." The Methyl B-12 is not cheap, but it's not outrageously pricey either, and Max never knew it was crushed into his food.

5. mybuddybinks

Glowing, but accurate...learned a long time ago to never overstate the facts with catastrophic illness. We're on the learning path tonight with methyl b12...he seems to have improved somewhat re: the neuropathy but i'm of the same mind you are- if it doesnt have any negative effect on the regulation, go for it! his improvement is already more than i had dared hope for, and now that our living situation is improved, i want to keep the momentum that you folks helped us attain heading in the right direction.

The Adoptocats will be seeing the vet as soon as i'm sure that Binks is covered, and then he can't wait to chase those girls around the yard!

(although i believe he'll get a bit of a surprise from them when they determine that his health is improving...i dont think he has a clue that they are cutting him slack) :)

Celi & Binks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.