Changing Shot Time...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by StefO, Oct 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StefO

StefO Member

I need to change Garth's shot time temporarily while my husband is away for business. He currently gets his shots at 8am/8pm and I am looking to shoot at 12pm/12am.

I tried looking for past threads but was not successful. Does anyone have any tips or can link me to any posts?

Thanks!

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

You could shoot a bit later each cycle or you could take 1 long 16 hour cycle and start shooting at 12.

It's the going back that is time consuming. You would have to move each shot back 15 minutes or move 1 shot back 30 minutes each day. Either way, it would take a couple of days (unless you skip and shoot at +20).

StefO and Yong & Maury GA like this.
  3. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Just second-ing (is that a word? :bookworm: lol) what Kel said about time adjustments with Lantus :). If you have enough days to slowly change the time, the way she stated is the best way. In a pinch I had to change my boy's schedule when I started my job. I had 2 days to move it like 5 hours, so obviously I couldn't do the slow way. Maury was nice enough to give me a NS my first day so I was able to change it that way. He can be very thoughtful [​IMG].

StefO and Noah & me (GA) like this.
  4. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

As long as it's done in roughly equal increments you'll be okay. Due to a medical condition I have missed shot times by hours. That's a little shameful to admit but like Yong and Maury the universe was on my side. Call us if something doesn't look right, life doesn't always follow a strict guideline.

StefO likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.