Chloe 12

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by srk4cats, Aug 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srk4cats

srk4cats Well-Known Member

8.18.2017 Chloe is doing well.

2. srk4cats

It appears that there is no nadir. What does that mean?

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hard to say. Nadir COULD have been earlier or later then you checked. This could also be a high flat cycle because of bouncing from lower numbers. That's my guess, but without more data from previous days, there's really no way to know.

srk4cats likes this.
  4. srk4cats

I don't think there has been bouncing. Does a high, flat line mean the dose should be increased? I have ordered a new bottle of Prozinc. The one I've been using is about 6 months old. I should probably wait 6 cycles after using the new one before I make any changes, right? Also, I just changed her food.

5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

No, a high, flat cycle usually means bouncing. Especially since she's had some blues and yellows lately. You don't want to increase on a bounce cycle.

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  6. srk4cats

Thank you.

7. srk4cats

I am so pissed off! The vet refused to prescribe Prozinc until I come visit. *****. I'll try the vet at the hospital. No, they won't do it and their exams cost $120. that leaves me with the vet who saw Chloe when she had her DKA episode. I have an old bottle of Prozinc somewhere in the back of the refridgerator. I want to find a vet who specializes in cats.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  8. srk4cats

Finally got a vet to prescribe Prozinc for me. She saw Chloe when she had her DKA and charged me over $700. She's too far away, though, so I think I'll still search for a cat veterinarian.

9. srk4cats

I woke up this morning and when I turned over, Chloe was sitting and staring at me with an empty can of cat food next to her. Hmmm, what do you think she was saying? Not nearly as bad as waking up next to a pooper scooper.

I'm doing a curve today with the Everpaw meter and would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  10. srk4cats

@Steph @Rachel It looks like I'm getting a good curve today. Do you think I should increase her dose?

11. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I'd wait and see where she goes at PMPS. If she doesn't get too high, it might mean that the dose is actually high enough that it's lasting LONGER than 12 hours...which would actually really explain some of those preshots you've been getting. At that point, we'd usually reduce the dose, but with Chloe's DKA, it might be better at that point to increase the calories she's getting.

12. srk4cats

She's been eating more than a 3 oz can. I opened a 2nd can for her this morning and she ate about half of that. I put the rest in the fridge. For dinner, she devoured another 3-oz can and then I remembered the leftovers in the fridge. and she polished off that, without even being reheated. She's still too skinny, though.

13. srk4cats

@Rachel , I don't understand why Chloe's BG continues to be so high. Should I raise her dose?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.