Chloe- should I take her to overnight hospital?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by srk4cats, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srk4cats

srk4cats Well-Known Member

Veterinarians have sometimes been known to send pets home from a DKA episode while still displaying ketones in the urine due to owner financial constraints -- this can turn into a fatal mistake. Your chances of fixing the problem yourself are slim. If your cat or dog comes back from the hospital and still has ketones showing on urine testing stix, it's usually best to find the financial means to go right back to the vet's as your pet may need to stay in hospital longer.

I was going to do this, but I'm thinking of taking her to the pet hospital, but vet said prognosis is poor. What should I do?

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

What do you mean prognosis is poor? If she still has ketones, it will be best for her to stay in the hospital.

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I answered on your other thread. DKA needs 24/7 care. Usually a few days minimum.

4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I'd say she needs to be in the hospital for now. She needs care that a vet is best qualified to give.

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

She HAS TO BE treated in hospital. Treating at home has been done but it's a gruelling ordeal for the owner.

Yong & Maury GA and StephG like this.
  6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Prognosis is poor if she doesn't get to a 24 hour pet hospital ASAP. With proper care started NOW she can get through this.

srk4cats likes this.
  7. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Roberta, you can take down the 911 off the title now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.