Civie with pancreatitis

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Amy and Six, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

My civie Lyle was dx with pancreatitis this afternooon based upon the results of his spec-fPl (I was told 16 but I haven't seen the results yet).

His attack has been much more serious than Six's a few months back.

Lyle is currently recieving fluids, zentinol, famotidine and ABs (don't remember the type right now). Yesterday he recieved a dose of dexamethozone. (Please forgive spelling here.)

Our vet would like him to stay on IV fluids so he will stay at the vets until Saturday (though we could continue the fluids at home...so that's still an option, but he would have to go back on Saturday).

I'm going up to visit again in a while and I am looking for some pain control suggestions. I know there is bupe...is there anything else that could be used fairly safely?

He's a civie, but I posted here since so many DC struggle with the same dx.

Thanks!

2. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Buprenex/buprenorphine is what I keep on hand for pancreatitis flares. It's effective and we haven't seen adverse effects.

3. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

I like the buprenex also, it doesn't seem to make Tucker loopy or anything, just helps him.

We also do B12 injections to help keep the flares at bay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.